The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

a PPC display URL tip...

rgordon83

affiliate
Here is a tip that you would think would be intuitive, but i guess it's not....

I just did a google search for "Free Stuff" and at least half of the sponsored results had multiple-word display urls with all lower case letters. That is a dumb choice by the advertiser.

why?

Try reading this:

www.longdomainname.com

now this:

www.LongDomainName.com

Using capital letters for each word will make your url's MUCH easier to read. The capital letters give the reader a reference point for where the words begin.

Most people already know this, but since i happened to notice that there must be some people that don't i figure I'd post the tip...

Good point and you know sometimes it doesn't hurt to state the obvious.
Some people get in a hurry or it just doesn't occur to them so reminders
like this are good.

When I'm putting a link in an email to my list to my domain I don't use the www because I think it's implied and because it's a direct link. However, when I'm posting an ad, I use the whole thing. I never really thought about it before now but it's a good point to bring up.

There are some addresses that are just http://thedomainname.com without the www. What about these? I have one of these however, I'm thinking about registering a domain name and forwarding the 1st one to a www. one because it's too weird.

What do you guys think?

Sheree

A followup question: Is it better to include "www" or just neglect it. So instead you'll display

LongDomainName.com

I always skip the www. when i display a URL. if i'm linking i'll to http://LongDomainName.com. But if it's a display url for advertising purposes i'll do LongDomainName.com

I work for a large web design/ advertising company and that is the strategy we mostly use for display URL's (and even when we hyperlink from them). It's much more consumer facing and easier to read/ remember.

i havent done proper case on my display url. i went to look at my competitors and they are all upper case. Do you think my being in all lower case makes it stand out more? just a thought.

sorry to resurrect an old thread, im going through all the oldies trying to learn

MI
Back