The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A Niche of Passion

David Jackson

When selecting a niche, your first consideration should be, are you passionate about the subject matter? Because if you're not, it really doesn't matter which niche you choose. You're not going to succeed.

Passion is the engine that drives success. Follow your passion, and everything else will take care of itself.

David Jackson

You're exactly right, David.

If you're not passionate about what you're writing about, it will be lifeless, soulless and even the writers themselves will get bored of it. Never look for the money; it is a natural progression.

It's called the C>T>P>M Process:

Content = traffic = the pre-sell = monetization...in that exact order. Get them wrong and, if you don't fail miserably, your projects will never reach their true potential.

You're exactly right, David.

If you're not passionate about what you're writing about, it will be lifeless, soulless and even the writers themselves will get bored of it.

Thanks, Tony. But I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. This thread isn't about writing anything. It's about marketing - specifically, niche marketing.

I agree, passion is important in writing. But again, that's not what I'm talking about here. The point I was trying to make is it doesn't matter which marketing or business niche you choose, if you're not passionate about the field or industry.

Without a true passion for that particular industry you WILL NOT succeed.

Perhaps, I wasn't as clear as I could have been the first time around. Hopefully, I've rectified that.

David Jackson

I find the idea of making money from home drives my passion sky high. I listened to a great tape of Dan Kennedy's where he talked about working in areas that you are passionate about. His included lying in a hammock, eating pizza, watching football. He didn't reckon he could find anyone to pay him to do those things.:D

I think that focusing on whatever drives you, not necessarily the things that you are passionate about re hobbies etc. It's great if you can find niches that will let you do that, good search numbers, low competition etc. But if not, concentrate on building a system that makes you a living. Every day I look at my adsense account and see money arriving. It's a real buzz and none of my niches involve anything that I am interested in in my everyday life.

Just my opinion

Hey, whatever it takes. I'm also passionate about having the ability to work from home. It's a great feeling to wake up in the morning, and realize that you're only a few feet away from your office.

David Jackson

Everyone says choose a niche that you are passionate about, but everyone has limited passion right? and if you are in business for long time then at some point u gotta choose a niche that you may not like, isnt that so?

I'm beginning to think that "passion" is an overused word.

I think the basic point is that you're goling to have to put in a lot of effort and research in order to promote a product or service effectively. If you lack knowledge or interest in that product or service, you're going to find that persisting is going to be a whole lot more difficult.

Everyone has limited passion right? and if you are in business for long time then at some point u gotta choose a niche that you may not like, isnt that so?

Limited passion? There's no such thing. That's like having limited love for your spouse or your kids. Either you really love them or you don't. Well, passion is a powerful emotion just like love. Either you really love what you're doing or you don't.

That's what true passion is.

David Jackson

Limited passion? There's no such thing. That's like having limited love for your spouse or your kids. Either you really love them or you don't. Well, passion is a powerful emotion just like love. Either you really love what you're doing or you don't.

That's what true passion is.

I think you've missed his point, which was that passion is not limitless, that one cannot be passionate about all that many things, and that consequently at some point any marketer or salesman will end up trying to sell something he isn't very passionate about.

MI
Back