The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

A Different Way to Backlink...

bigcat1967

Once again - other forums didn't really give me a great answers (some were ok) - so I'm asking the true experts of SEO. :D

When I backlink (which I do lightly - I focus more on-site optimization) - I have about ten different forums that I backlink from but not everyday. I might backlink from site A, B, and C on one day and sites D, E and F the next day. Heck, I might even skip a day or two per week. However, I only have ten (as I said above) forums I go to in order to backlink. Just wondering if I I am better off expanding the number of websites (or forums) to backlink from and not do it as often.

(also - I do backlink from some web 2.0 properties)

what do you guys think? The more websites the better or just keep backlinking from my usual number of sites?

Both will help but adding to the number of sites will help more. Pay attention to the anchor text in those backlinks, though.

Writing articles is the perfect way to gat more backlinks to your site. 'couse if your article will be very interesting many sites can republish it with your backlinks. But it's not easy to write a good article, realy unique article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Article submission is a good way of getting backlinks. Other effective ways of getting backlinks are blogging, social bookmarking and creating and maintaining a presence on the social networking websites. However it is essential to make sure that the domain authority and page rank of the website from where you are getting the backlink is good so that you can get good traffic from there.

Not true at all. They may be harder to find or you may have to pay, but they are out there. I just found a PR8 very high authority political site that's easy to get backlinks on.

So true, I'm constantly finiding pr 5-7 websites that are easy to get a backlink from.. :)

What great help on that question.
It is all relevant counsel to your original question.

Backlinks should come from:
1. Various IP addresses
2. Various sources, articles, social, web 2.0, blog comments, forums, etc...
3. Relevant sites information wise but a link is better than no link
4. Vary the anchor text
5. Make it natural.... this is the key. Google is getting smarter and smarter.
6. Don't forget internal linking
7. Start with a few backlinks and build up the number that are made each day/week or you might end up in the sandbox. (I had someone do some aggressive backlinking and my site has been in the sandbox for 5 months. It is not de-indexed.)

Merry Christmas

A lot of blogs that were dofollow have changed over to nofollow, which is probably an important factor in the new Google algorithm.

Don't focus on PageRank. Find well-done sites with relevant content. That will help your ranking a lot more.

Yes the content site's helped me too .. I have payed for having links on site's with PR 6-7 but helped me allot more the sites wich where having relevant content for my site.

Don't focus on PageRank. Find well-done sites with relevant content. That will help your ranking a lot more.

Thanks for the confirmation on this point. I am part of a private blog network and was ranking for 2 keywords on page 1 Google in just 2 weeks. It must have been the relevant content.

Thanks for the confirmation on this point. I am part of a private blog network and was ranking for 2 keywords on page 1 Google in just 2 weeks. It must have been the relevant content.

It's also not unusual to get a "fresh site bump" on Google when the site is first launched. You may find that the ranking drops over the next little while - don't be alarmed if it does - this is just Google adjusting as it learns more about your site.

banners
Back