The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A bit exasperated...help

milfredo25

affiliate
I haven't been at this very long, but I am getting frustrated a little bit. But I'm blasting my url all over the net, I'm associated with a couple of traffic exchange sites, I'm doing google adwords and lord knows what else. My sponsor is bringing people in my line by the dozens. I have sponsored a couple of people so far.

Now the question. What else can I do to grow the other side of my business? It's a binary downline. In a week I have 150 in one leg, but I am having trouble filling the other leg. My sponsor is working off of his own personal list, which I don't have privey to, so where do I go from here?

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Milfredo

Hi Milfredo,

This is not meant to discourage you but I see two areas of concern:

1) Traffic Exchange sites are generally worthless. Most people that visit these types of sites are the webmasters themselves who are trying to promote their website, not potential customers.

Think about it. Where do people go to search for things? Google, MSN, and Yahoo. You need to focus on building a useful information-rich site that on a topic that can generate search engine traffic and from there promote your program.

For example, it would be much more beneficial to create an information site on how to avoid scams on the Internet in your own words and then within that site, link to various related affiliate programs. You want to create a site that people will bookmark and come back to.

It seems to me you have just been promoting your affiliate URL with no real site of your own. That makes it a difficult battle because you will probably never get into the free search engines or major directories.

2) Money making affiliate programs are the hardest to promote because the niche is so competitive. There's so many programs out there like that. What makes yours stand out?

I used to promote those types of programs a long time ago. I recruited a bunch of people in my downline but they never did anything. Bottom line...it tanked. So I decided to focus on a less competitive niche. Something I could write a lot of content on with my own site and then add affiliate programs later.

I'm not saying give up on this, but you may want to take a different approach on how you advertise. Focus on building a site that can draw in search engine traffic first and then promote your programs within your own site.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the reply. The story continues. I rebuilt my site and it should be up by tomorrow night I hope. I made the site about me and my family and tried to promote the idea of network marketing is about the people involved more than the program. Just checked my organization. Now up to 171.

Milfredo

Hi Milfredo! I think the reason there is so many internet marketing sites is the fact that many of us newbies spend much of our time and energy into buying and reading all of these books about how to make money online that we feel that is all we really know even if we haven't made a cent. If that makes any sense. I know I tried it also and it doesn't work. You have to be really good at writing sales copy. There is just way too much competition.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do,
Lynn

I don't know about you guys,but I am going to try my hand at offline advertising.I have heard a lot of pros and cons,but I think it's worth a try.Let's face it.The internet is so saturated with programs and advertisers,you have to drum up interest elsewhere.So Milfredo,don't give up man.Once we all find the right "vein", we'll all be making money.So hang in there!

5pillarmanager is correct. You must have a site that fits your passion. With that being said i have several sites and one is a site for internet/network marketing. This site is the one i started with a few years ago and it began to make money so i kept it. Your money-making site can work if you push it aggressively online AND offline but you must be patient and persistent.

Offline marketing is expensive therefore even more risky.

Plus it is often hard for offline marketing to impact an online business.

It is closer for any online business to perform online marketing.

But despite all that I have said, a Business Card and flyer never hurts.

heh thats quite pathetic :eek:

it looks like to many people want too make money online and dont know how and too many other people use this to sell them some crappy ebooks and consulting lol

I definitely think a lot of money can be made in Internet Marketing, but you just have to have an approach that's unique from what's already out there. It's definitely doable, but I'd prefer to compete in less competitive niches.

Hey Milfredo,
YOu have to learn to work SMARTER and not harder!
Hey 5pillars you have such a lovely smile!Any nitch marketing ideas 5pillars?

banners
Back