The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7yr old domain

RiverWire

affiliate
Hey all ive just brought a 7 year old domain which was pending deletion, im hoping i saved it in time, it hasnt got any back links or pr but hoping that the age will give it a little bit of edge.

Just want to views on what i should do, for the next 4 days it is on hold until it's mine. Do you think if i start creating links for it now, it will hurt or help or neither ? It will only be displaying the Parked page for the next 4 days

Thanks for any input.

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched, wait till its yours before you start building links

oh no it's definatly mine now, it's just pending transfer which will be completed on the 9th of this month. Im just hoping the age doesn't get deleted :sSa_falltopieces:

The age will be part of the domain, don't think it gets deleted.

Yeah sometimes if the domain is dropped the age and everythign gets reset so people cant take advantage of such things, im hoping that i got it before it got dropped

I bought one domain that was registered before but I guess previous owner never renewed it. It does show history back to 2003 but states that it is online since 2007...

I don't know if it will be different in your case because you are getting it right after the expiration without any gap in ownership...

yeah thats what i was hoping, you have to catch it just at the right time, before deletion and after the expiry (just) not sure how close i cut it but we'll soon find out.

Well it's mine and it's kept it's age :D now to try and get back the PR that it had at some point in its life, its still showing in "crawl stats" in google webmaster tools.

Congrats Adam, its a nice catch, I am sure you will unveil it when you are ready to introduce the public to it? What industry is the domain name in?

Thanks Temi, im quite pleased just got to get it reindexed and sorted out now,

The site will be based on Football/soccer i think there is a big market for the directory article sites in this niche as there are so many that are into creating more traffic now days.

The Domain is Soccer Article Site - Football

Wish me luck :rolleyes:

RiverW, how did you find this domain that about to expire and what is the process of getting it?

If someone else also have suggestions on this topic please share...

Ahh ..a domain related to football. Indeed a good market for sports lately.My brother should be interested in your new article website , RiverWire

thats great i hope to have it up and running in the next couple of weeks :D

RiverW, how did you find this domain that about to expire and what is the process of getting it?

If someone else also have suggestions on this topic please share...

I get them from Godaddy's aftermarket, basicly you pay $4.99 to be able to bid on expiring or auctioned domains. You just have to look through them and pick up the gem's. And hope they done get there info deleted before you get them.

I have just brought a PR4 site that has over 6000 backlinks most of the backlinks are PR4 5 and 6 and the domain is over a year old so im hoping that will bring some success too. :)

RiverWire you are a good speculant . Its similar to playing the market , buy with low price , keep it updated for a while and after sell it expensive. Or you plan on selling links ?

:D Im not sure yet, with the new One ive just brought with all the backlinks i was thinking of putting a nice site on there, with the same url's that was used previously (so the PR is on every page) then keep it going for a couple of months and build some more links. Selling 1 or 2 links on the way, then selling it after (if the price is right) other wise ill be happy to keep it as its something that interests me anyway.

Once i have it up and running i will announce that one too :D

banners
Back