The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

7Search.com

7searchGuys

affiliate
7Search.com

7Search is a premiere online advertising network that originated in 1999 as one of the first search engines to use pay-per-click sponsored links.

7search_logo.jpg
Join Now

7Search Facebook

7Search Twitter

contacticon.png
cleo@7search.com

re: 7Search.com

this is really great. I am getting into ppc even though facebook refused to let me in so lets see what i can do with 7search.

Let me break the ice. I am doing my tracking on 7Search like this: subid=7search-###KEYWORD###-###AFFID###-###RID### all under one subid. This is how my reports look like:

7search-my secret keyword-71603

7search-my secret keyword-71603-71603-180207

7search-my secret keyword-73232-100037-3338-27681

Can you break down why sometimes there are only 5 numbers, and sometimes lots of them, and what exactly do they represent? As far as I understood it, first 5 digits are always affiliate's ID, the rest are the ID of his specific sites?

I would be interested in a reply about those sub id breakdowns too, as I have just set up tracking on my first 7Search campaign and I too notice that there are different sets of numbers, some longer than others. Thanks!

Let me break the ice. I am doing my tracking on 7Search like this: subid=7search-###KEYWORD###-###AFFID###-###RID### all under one subid. This is how my reports look like:

7search-my secret keyword-71603

7search-my secret keyword-71603-71603-180207

7search-my secret keyword-73232-100037-3338-27681

Can you break down why sometimes there are only 5 numbers, and sometimes lots of them, and what exactly do they represent? As far as I understood it, first 5 digits are always affiliate's ID, the rest are the ID of his specific sites?

Hello Smilodon,

The first 5 digits always represent the parent source. The 2nd series reflects the sub affiliate, while a 3rd series would indicate that the traffic arrived from a sub-sub affiliate. We feel that this level of granularity provides you the best opportunity to optimize your 7Search traffic.

Best,

Cleo

Hello 7 search guys,

I made a serious mistake while signing up. I signed up using lukepeerfly's $25 promo offer. But when depositing money, I forgot that the intitial deposit has to be $50, I just clicked ok with the default $25 deposit. I am prepared to deposit another $25 to receive the promo bonus as soon as you guys call me and verify the card. I hope I'll get the promo. My username is chinmoybox. I hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Hello,

I self-validated my credit card and added another $25. Could you please add the promo bonus to my account?

Thanks.

Anyways, the problem has just been solved by a 7search rep(Tricia). She was very friendly and understanding. I'm happy with 7search. :)

Hi,

I am coming to the stage where I need to think about blocking the non converting traffic. Can you please tell me which numbers I should use to block it. It is either 3 or 4 numbers separated by dashes. Do I need to block all of the 3 or 4 numbers or just some of them?
Thanks.

Hi,

I am coming to the stage where I need to think about blocking the non converting traffic. Can you please tell me which numbers I should use to block it. It is either 3 or 4 numbers separated by dashes. Do I need to block all of the 3 or 4 numbers or just some of them?
Thanks.

It should be ###AFFID###. The numbers look like this 73113.

Hi,

Thanks.

If you are using our Referrer ID (RID) blocking insert in your tracking URLs, you should begin to see either 2 part (12345-112233) or 3 part (12345-112233-x2Yz1) tags in your analytics. There is no point where traffic will arrive to you only presenting 3 or 4 character tag. The first section (12345 in the example) is the "parent" partner in our system and always contains 5 characters; the 2nd and 3rd parts denote their affiliate (or sub-sub affiliate) that delivered the click.

To answer your question, in order to effectively block a source you will need to enter the entire 2 or 3 part tag in the blocks section.

Best,

Cleo
7SearchGuys

It should be ###AFFID###. The numbers look like this 73113.

Just blocking the AFFID is a dangerous strategy to employ as it can effectively kill traffic to a profitable campaign as it will block the entire partner as opposed to the actual source delivering clicks. The most effective strategy to optimize the traffic you receive is to block the full tag provided by the ###AFFID###-###RID### insert.

If you are using our Referrer ID (RID) blocking insert in your tracking URLs, you should begin to see either 2 part (12345-112233) or 3 part (12345-112233-x2Yz1) tags in your analytics. There is no point where traffic will arrive to you only presenting 3 or 4 character tag. The first section (12345 in the example) is the "parent" partner in our system and always contains 5 characters; the 2nd and 3rd parts denote their affiliate (or sub-sub affiliate) that delivered the click.

To answer your question, in order to effectively block a source you will need to enter the entire 2 or 3 part tag in the blocks section.

Best,

Cleo
7SearchGuys

Thanks for the clarification.

banners
Back