Review 5 Tips For The Account Manager

CPARK

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
CPARK
Screenshot_22.jpg

Any way you want it

That's the way you need it

For Account Manager should be nothing impossible. AMs plan processes, look for new offers and contacts, set priorities, analyze the marketplace, and solve partners’ problems.

And today Yana Gontaruk, Head of Business Development of CPARK will tell us how to do this professionally. Let's read below.

What motivates you at work?

I have been working in affiliate marketing for almost 5 years and I do love my job. The best motivation for me is my team and the results we achieve. I like the development of our team and the CPARK brand. I always start my working day thinking about how to do work “better" and reach greater heights.

I also admire our friendly team, which has become not only a team but also a "family", where everyone motivates, always helps, and supports in any situation.

Without which 3 things you can’t imagine your day in CPARK?

First of all, I have a plan for the day, which includes communicating with partners, resolving current issues, and finding new offers and partners. This list also includes communication with the team, checking statistics.

What tasks does AM need to perform?

Foremost, every AM should love his/her work and what he/she does. AM is the face of the company, so when communicating with a partner immediately gets the first impression, which should be positive. To do this, AM must be open in communication, always be in touch, polite, friendly, and able to solve any difficult situations.

How to choose the right partner?

Affiliate marketing is a very broad field that is constantly evolving and at the same time many new advertisers are appearing. When choosing a new partner, you should always pay attention to his decency and reputation. It’s good to read reviews on forums (for example Affpaying) and other social networks and publics. Live feedback is one of the best ways to get to know your partner.

It is also equally important that your views on the business match, that invoices are paid on time and that high-quality traffic is provided that pays off for both parties so that it is a win 2 win for both.

Before starting work, CPARK always analyzes new partners to make sure that the partner is solvent and we must sign an Insertion Order so that the partner is obliged to fulfill the terms of the contract.

By what criteria are you looking for new partners?

In my opinion, one of the most effective ways to find partners is to attend conferences. Our team annually attends major conferences in the field of affiliate marketing, the most famous of which are TES and Affiliate World (Europe and Asia). On the spot you can get acquainted, reach an agreement and discuss possible methods of cooperation. Another big advantage of conferences is that in addition to a new partner, you can make a new friend with whom you will build not only business but also friendly relations, which can have an even more positive impact on doing business.

Summarizing the discussion above the following 5 tips for the Account Manager may be stated:

1. Research the market

2. Serve an Effective Liaison

3. Be Proactive

4. Individualize

5. Build Trust Through Communication

Our last question to Yana is to advise a book, movie, or series that will definitely help in the work of AM?

- "House of Cards"

Answer the question of how to communicate properly to achieve the goal (still there is a lot of politics in the work of the manager)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these insights and details about what good AM should do, this is actually useful for all of us that have account managers in our team, as it can serve as some kind of a guideline for checking their performances. As I imagine you know it yourself, it is not always easy to get to the quality AMs, but it is a job that must be done with care as their work it depends on the whole success of running an affiliate network.

Thanks for sharing these insights and details about what good AM should do, this is actually useful for all of us that have account managers in our team, as it can serve as some kind of a guideline for checking their performances. As I imagine you know it yourself, it is not always easy to get to the quality AMs, but it is a job that must be done with care as their work it depends on the whole success of running an affiliate network.
We are very glad that this information finds such a good response from our colleagues!

MI
Back