The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

5 Star Mods in the Limelight

Oh and feel free to let me know if you see any typos or want me to add or change any links in that blog. I just did 3 blogs in a row and posted to about 5 forums and my hands are ready to fall off. Damn carpal!

Thanks for the write up Linda, that was very nice of you and I'm glad to be a part of the 5 Star team, you have a great place.

Now, if only I could free up a few more moments to get a few publications up (man, so many ideas, so little time LOL)

~Teli

Like I've said, I'm used to it. The first thing I look at is my name, and in 80% of the cases it's not spelt correctly ;) (I really shouldn't brand myself with a name no one can spell ... )

Mike, you think your name gets misspelled a lot? You should have seen mine growing up ROFL.

And though it's not really that important to me, my main site is actually my (newly re-branded) Destination Success blog (but no worries, and no need to update it if it's a nuisance).

~Teli

I love it when people tell me "You have a cool name, so unique" and then can't spell it. I always wished I was Smith, Miller or something like that. Now I actually think it's cool to have a different name. Coming to think of it, Linda's last name is cool, too :)

Tellie (wink on the spelling) I wondered about that. Changed.

Mike I stole that name from my X. Wish now I would have gone back to my maiden name. MERCHANT.
Linda Merchant. Would have been kind of funny in this business of dealing with affiliates and merchants. :p

Telian Adlam - imagine the possibilities LOL. (And thanks for the update.)

I think Linda Buquet sounds pretty cool, and Merchant definitely would have been cool too.

Okay, now am I just nuts for this? Recently (as in a last year, or the one prior) a movie came out called The Forgotten.

I did a double take when I heard the main character's name would be Telly (that's how my name was spelled up until my Sophomore year of college - don't ask).

Not convinced, I went and bought the movie and while watching it, I proceeded to yell at my television set in anger b/c they stole my name. How many people (besides Aristotelis Savalas) do you know named Telly?

Imagine the abuse we Teli's (or Telly's) grew up with, then to have some actor come in and pillage our name for all of, what? 6 months? They haven't earned the right to use a name as unique as that.

(Can you tell I'm very attached to and protective of my name?)

I often wonder how the people with names like Jennifer or John deal with characters having their names in movies. It's just a weird feeling.

Okay, done with my completely off-topic rant :D

~Teli

Teli said:
I often wonder how the people with names like Jennifer or John deal with characters having their names in movies. It's just a weird feeling.
Well, I remember how much teasing I took from my sisters when the movie "Short Circuit" came out. And my daughter gets people thinking all the time that we named her "Ariel" for "The Little Mermaid"... actually it was my husband's favorite character in "The Tempest". Of course, at 3-1/2, she thinks it's pretty neat. At 3 years of age she was mad about it, though.

stephfoster said:
And my daughter gets people thinking all the time that we named her "Ariel" for "The Little Mermaid"... actually it was my husband's favorite character in "The Tempest". Of course, at 3-1/2, she thinks it's pretty neat. At 3 years of age she was mad about it, though.

hehe - isn't it funny how quickly we grow up in half a year? :D

banners
Back