The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

5 Star Blogging Contest

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Below is only one of five FORUM CONTESTS -
See all 5 contests HERE!
We are giving away $1,000 in Total Cash Prizes.
:)

The 5 Star Affiliate Forum is Turning 2!
Help us Spread the Word and CASH IN!

BLOG BUZZ CONTEST - Blog About our Affiliate Forum and WIN!
$300 CASH - BIGGEST Buzz (Most Referred Traffic)
$100 CASH BEST Buzz (Best Overall Quality blog)

Bloggers rev up those blogging engines and get ready to win some cash!
Which blog can create the biggest and best BUZZ before the forum's 2nd Anniversary???
2 blogging contests! One prize will be awarded based on quantity and one based on quality.

BLOGGING CONTEST RULES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLOG QUALIFICATIONS

TARGET NICHES Your blog must fit in one of the following target niches: Affiliate Marketing, Webmaster, Internet Marketing, SEO, Make Money Online, Home Business, Blog Monetization.

PRIVATE DOMAIN - The blog must be on a private domain. (Blogger, Squidoo and other hosted blogs do not count due to fact that referral tracking is by DOMAIN, not individual links.)

BLOG AGE Must be an established blog more than 2 months old with at least 20 previous original posts (not RSS re-postings) before contest announcement on 5/14. So you cant launch a virgin blog & expect to win.

BLOG POST REQUIREMENTS

MAIN KEYWORDS - The words "affiliate forum" MUST be in both the blog title and the link anchor text. You don't need to use 5 Star in the title but you MUST include the words "affiliate forum" as part of BOTH the blog title AND anchor text..

So for example, you could use "Big Contest at a Leading Affiliate Forum" as title and just "affiliate forum contest" for the anchor text or" New Niche Tools at Affiliate Forum" in the title with "niche affiliate forum" in the anchor text - but SOMEWHERE in both the title and anchor text, you need the words "affiliate forum." (NOTE: Must be forum singular and the word 'marketing" cannot be in between the 2 words so "affiliate MARKETING forum" in title does not qualify.)

TOPICS AND LINKS - Topics you can blog about and corresponding links:
(You can blog any or all topics, see below)

1) Blog about our $1,000 Affiliate forum contest
Link to: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...zes-forum-anniversary-contests.html#post15757
(Must use the contest link above NOT the rules link or individual contest links)

2) Or blog about our NEW NICHE marketing Affiliate Forum
Link to: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/

3) Or blog a general 5 Star Affiliate Forum Review or Overview
Link to: Forum Home Page at http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com

CONTEST REGISTRATION - YOU MUST EMAIL ME YOUR BLOG LINKS TO ENTER THIS CONTEST

For your traffic to be counted you MUST email me the links you want to enter in the contest so I can check to be sure they include the keywords. (Lots of blogs link to or write about 5 star and I need to know which ones are official contest entries.)

If you do more than one post on your blog or add me to you sidebar to generate additional referrals, you must email me those locations as well so I can be sure they include the keywords.

DOs & DONTs

You can blog once about any or all topics or once about each of the 3 topics.
But only one post per topic and max total of 3 posts per domain.

You can also blog on more than one domain (providing they are in the target niches). However traffic is counted separately by domain so each blog referral count would be separate, not combined.

For extra traffic you can even add the 5 Star Affiliate Forum to your blog sidebar. :)

DO NOT EMAIL FORUM LINKS TO YOUR LIST email referred traffic wont be counted. You could however email your list letting them know they should read your latest blog post. But to be counted in my web stats and credited to you I need the web based referral link. (referral count is by domain).

WINNER SELECTION

$300 Prize for BIGGEST Buzz Winner will be determined by largest # of referrals based on my web stats. (I use 2 stats programs and sometimes they return slightly different results. Whichever number is higher will be used to determine the winner. In the unlikely event of a tie the blog that made the 1st post wins).

$100 Prize $100 for BEST Buzz - Judging for this prize will be based on overall quality of content and blog rating (Technorati rank and Alexa ranking and Page Rank).

So a one liner wont count for much even if its on a top tier blog. A decent entry on a blog that recently launched and has hardly any readers wont cut the mustard either. Yet a well written in-depth article could win, even if its not a big well known blog, providing the blog has some PR and a decent amount of traffic. Essentially it's simply my call on what I feel is the best overall blog of the contest based on a wide variety of criteria. That may sound pretty vague and subjective but it's my call and my contest. So just WOW me!

PUBLICITY & LINK JUICE

Each qualifying blog entry will be listed here in the contest thread. I will be adding them as the blog links are emailed to me. So even if you don't win you will get a link and some exposure.

The top 5 blogs in each category will be listed in our winner announcement on the 5 Star forum and the 5 Star blog. (The 5 Star blog is the #1 Ranked affiliate blog and is syndicated by Bumpzee, Revenews, PlugIM, Internet Marketing NewsWatch and many others.) So even if you dont win you could get some great exposure and some nice high ranking link-backs by spreading the good word about the 5 Star affiliate forum. :)

CONTEST REGISTRATION
REMEMBER! YOU MUST EMAIL ME YOUR BLOG LINKS TO ENTER THIS CONTEST

For your traffic to be counted you MUST email me the links you want to enter in the contest so I can check to be sure they include the keywords.

(Some blogs have been blogging about the contest, just to let their readers know with of trying to no intention of winning. So if you are IN IT to WIN IT, you need to let me know.)

If you do more than one post on your blog or add me to you sidebar to generate additional referrals, you must email me those locations as well so I can be sure they include the keywords.

Please use the following format when emailing your contest entry:
Your name blog name link to the blog entry where you referenced the 5 Star forum.

Remember the words affiliate forum must be somewhere in the title and you must use one of the suggested topics and its corresponding link.

Email to: linda AT 5staraffiliateprograms DOT com
SUBJECT: 5 Star Forum Blog Entry

(Please be sure to use this subject line so your email does not
get lost in my busy inbox or sent to my spam folder.)

CONTEST DATES: The contest begins Tuesday May 15th at NOON (**Forum time, PDT) and
ends at 3PM pm (**Forum time, PDT) on our anniversary, Monday June 25th, 2007.

**FORUM TIME, The forum is in California, Pacific Daylight Time. NOTE: The forum time is sometimes off by a few minutes, so be sure to get your entry in at least 10 min early to be on the safe side. We will close all contests at the specified time according to the forum time and there will be no exceptions.

SEE DETAILED CONTEST RULES - HERE!

READ the FINE PRINT to be sure you qualify to enter! See contest requirements, exclusions and contest dates. Minimum contest entrant rules apply and merchant/affiliate manager/network rep exclusions apply. If you aren't sure, please email me.

NOTE THIS IS ONLY ONE OF SEVERAL CONTESTS!
See ALL the current 5 Star contests HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though none of these blogs qualify as a contest entry, I still would like to say thank you for mentioning the 5 Star forum and the contest - by linking back to each of you.

<a href="http://affiliatefortunecookies.com/tips-5-star-affiliate-marketing-forums-2nd-anniversary-contests/">Affiliate Fortune Cookies ? 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums 2nd Anniversary Contests</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-blogger.com/2007/05/15/1000-smackeroo-give-away/">Affiliate Blogger by Bobbie Grennier ? $1,000 Smackeroo Give-Away</a>

<a href="http://blog.shareresults.com/?p=439">Share Results Blog ? An Affiliate forum is turning 2</a>

<a href="http://rugjeff.com/450/5-star-forums-contest/">Rugjeffs Blog About Blogging - 5 Star Forum Contest</a>

<a href="http://www.bfreedom.com/?p=126">Ramblings of an Affiliate Marketer - Well Established Affiliate Forum Offers up Big Bucks</a>

A 5 Star mod, 5 Star client and affiliate manager have blogged just to spread the word, even though they know they aren't eligible to win a cash prize, they still get a link back for helping share the buzz. I appreciate you SO much!

Note: To be entered in the contest you MUST email me as stated in the rules above so I know if you are trying to win OR just being nice and letting your readers know about the contest. :) So far lots are blogging but only one person has emailed me their entry.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though some of the 1st few blogs don't qualify as a contest entry, I still would like to say thank you for mentioning the 5 Star forum and the contest by linking back to each of you.

<a href="http://affiliate-blogger.com/2007/05/15/1000-smackeroo-give-away/">Affiliate Blogger by Bobbie Grennier ? $1,000 Smackeroo Give-Away</a>

A 5 Star mod, 5 Star client and affiliate manager have blogged just to spread the word, even though they know they aren't eligible to win a cash prize, they still get a link back for helping share the buzz. I appreciate you SO much!

Note: To be entered in the contest you MUST email me as stated in the rules above so I know if you are trying to win OR just being nice and letting your readers know about the contest. :) So far lots are blogging but only one person has emailed me their entry.

Thanks all!

You're welcomed Linda.

And may I say, if I weren't a Mod I'd be kicking some serious butt for the cash in those contests.
Come on you guys!
Contest days are ticking away!
Write you scurvy dawgs! Write!
Mahaaaawww!
:D

And now, Drum roll pa...lease?
the winner of the Blog Buzz Contest is? Andrew Wee!

As it turns out Andrew is the only one that blogged and qualified - so even though we didn?t have the 10 required entries I still would like to give him a prize. I really appreciate you Andrew for mentioning our forum on your blog!

I fully expected several other big bloggers to blog. Contacted several and got confirmation that they would. I was counting on that blog buzz to help carry this contest along with the other promotion I did. But even though it didn't happen, we got one great blogger out of the deal and even better yet, Andrew is now active in the forum and sharing his advice here with our members. So that means a lot!

Here?s his winning blog entry ? he has some nice things to say about 5 star at the bottom of this post:
<a href="http://www.whoisandrewwee.com/affiliate-marketing/bumping-up-your-affiliate-marketing-quotient/">Bumping up Your Affiliate Marketing Quotient</a>

Thank you SO much Andrew and I?m glad you are an active member here with us now.
We appreciate your contribution.

I'll be PMing you about your winnings and to arrange to get you your prize.

Hi Linda,
Wow...Thanks!

It's 211am here as I'm typing this, just got another affiliate campaign out the door and I'm somewhat brain dead as I'm typing this.

Talk about a great welcome to 5Star!!!

It's been a pleasure having the opportunity to contribute to the forums and in the short time I've been here, meeting folks like Teli, Ayush, Peter (ASR Guy), Larry and yourself, it's been a blast!

I look forward to coming back, again and again.

And soon to take the "Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm a 5Star addict pledge"...

Here's to another year, 5Star!

banners
Back