The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

5 simple landing page tips to increase conversions.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
I just thought i'd throw up some recurring tips me and Andy are seeing really boost conversions for our Landing Page Services company.

1. Keep it simple and clean.
To many people overthink landing pages, they think they need to sing and dance. Wrong! In fact it's the complete opposite, although theres a real art to creating a good looking and professional landing page that also converts. The main angle you want to take when it comes to design is, simple, clean and easy to navigate. Forget gradients, animation and other rubbish that you "think" looks good, the simpler the better!

2. Keep your CTA above the fold.
It's a must to keep your buttons, fields, and anything provoking a call to action above the fold. Check it's above the fold on all devices using something like Responsinator. This is key, I cannot stress how important this is - the moment you get your visitor scrolling or looking for the CTA the moment you have a 50%+ drop off. Of course in a long form page you can add multiple CTA's down the page but ALWAYS have one normally situated on the left hand side of the header.

3. Don't add ANY distractions.
I see to many lander these days with unnecessary distractions. DO NOT add anything that differs the user away from the CTA. Get rid of all social buttons, images that are clickable etc. The only thing that should link away on your lander should be the call to action. So much so that these days we build landing page with ajax pop outs for terms, disclaimers etc so even when people click them they stay on the lander. Keep them on that lander!

4. Make your pages FULLY responsive.
These days more and more people are browsing the internet on their mobile or devices. It's never been so important to make your pages fully responsive. Make sure the code is clean and that they display all the important information and CTA above the fold on any device. Again you can check this on Responsinator. Everything on your page should adapt to the screen size and be easily browsable for the user.

5. Hold the users hand.
One thing we like to do and have seen improve conversions is to hold the users hand. By this I mean really walk them through what you need them to do. Using arrows, progression bars etc. This particularly works on lead generation pages with multiple steps. Tell the users where you want them and how they can get to the next step.

Take a look at this simple opt in page we built for The Dojo members. You can get this page free when you join The Dojo.

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.21.41.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.21.55.png

Feel free to ask me any landing page related questions here and also check our work out here.

thanks for the tips. i knew some but is never late to listen everyone's oppinion and confirm that i am doing it right.

banners
Back