The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

5 Must Have Affiliate Tools

turbz

affiliate
Hi Everyone

Here Are The 5 Must Have Affiliate tools:

1) webhosting - a good webhost with a lot of bandwidth and space.

2) domain name - a simple .com domain name will do great

3)Tracking - You Need to have good tracking in place to see where you're getting your sales from, and cut down on expenses

4) link cloaker - To CLoak your affiliate links. a link like powerlink generator is good I.E a link like www.yourdomain.com/recommends/AFFILIATE PRODUCT
replace affiliate product with the name of your affiliate product you promote. This will cloak it and increase sales

5) A Proffesional Auto-responder - You MUST Build A List and follow up with
That list on a regular basis. Make sure that it has a good delivery rate E.g aweber has a 98.9% or something like that. This Is Crucial to affiliate marketing!

Hope that this helps and anyone is welcome to add to this list:)

Thanks

Jameel Mukadam

Good one, Jameel ! But am always confused about getting a good one customize affiliates seo templates + scripts! i means is there any place where i can get all thing on one shed ?

Auto-responders Rock!

Amen to auto-responders and lists. But I would also include some learning on HTML so one can tweak a capture page. i.e. get the auto-responder loaded and running on a site.

Nice tips Jameel .

Hello Linda Buquet! Some say that we should not cloak the links as it will affect the SERP's. Any suggestions on it?

Is there any good recommendation for cloaking (both free and paid)

Thanx in advance.

Ad Tracking

To cloak or not to cloak...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but cloaking, tracking, and redirecting are pretty much the same thing.

One one hand, you need to track your ads to see where the traffic is coming from to fine tune your advertising dollars. Say if you put out an ad on 5 different safe lists for example, you would make 5 tracking URLS to see who is paying attention. SEO does not matter here

BUT

If you are writing and submitting articles to directories for the sake of back links, then you have to use the real URL on your site so the spiders can find you and boost your rank.

Also, off the top of my head, here are 3 classified ad sites with a high PR that you would want to use your true URL. These sites do the counting for you.

Free Classifieds - USFreeads
(worth the $10 to upgrade for a year - will allow affiliate links)

http://www.postaroo.com
(need to post ads in individual cities - does not allow affiliate links)

craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
(same as postaroo. Just remember to put the 's' in there, or else you'll end up at a completely different kind of site :eek: )

Brandon

I agree that all of the above are essential for the affiliate marketer and thought I should respond to the question regarding the availability of such things in a "one stop shop"

My hosting company provides me with pretty much everything I need to do my marketing, including unlimited autoresponders - there are, I believe, others who now offer similar packages. (As an added bonus I also earn money by hosting where I do and it's the only "dreaded MLM" that's ever made any sense to me and the only one I'm involved in - by default I guess).

It is worth bearing in mind when you choose a host, and remembering that cheapest isn't usually the best value. If you are intending to market something online, whether affiliate products or products of your own, you will save a great deal of monthly expenditure if you host with a company that provides for your daily marketing needs too. Even better if it operates a compensation plan which can eventually mean your hosting pays for itself.

$18 per month sounds like a good deal for a professional autoresponder, but if your hosting cost you that per month and included unlimited autoresponders as just one of it's features, it doesn't look so cheap anymore.

Find a good hosting company, one that provides a package of tools designed for marketers - that is your one stop shop answer.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone in their chosen ventures

Mo

good posting.
the most basic affiliates must have.
Currently Google Analytics is upgrading to beta, it is very good free software to keep track your website and visitors.

I found it very useful because I have been using it all the while.. nice program Google have provided. ;)

autoresponders

This is a great post. I would add something: it is true that some hosts offer unlimited autoresponders, but many of them don't offer statistics about the delivery: how many people opened their e-mails, how many just deleted them... stuff like this. That is why a professional autoresponder solution is better: it allows you to fine tune you campaigns, for maximum profit. And if we think that one extra client per month can cover by far the cost of the autoresponder subscription, we see it pays off very fast.

also on autoresponders

Two things to watch out for with your hosting company's own autoresponders:
1) They may be just of the simple auto-reply type autoresponders. In other words you send a message to the autoresponder address and it spits back out a simple one time response to the email. A good autoresponder will let you queue up several messages to be delivered at specific intervals.
2) Get just one complaint of spam from one of your autoresponder messages and your hosting company will shut you down in a heart beat and not even inform you before they do it.

The number 2 reason alone is enough to never use your hosting company's autoresponders.

2nd on Google analytics...is good stuff for sure...

The tech those people come out with is amazing sometimes...

What's next: Google Space?

A responder and a list - absolutely priceless.

Also a website builder or html editing software comes in pretty handy. You can get these for free.

Jay

banners
Back