The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

5 Great Tips On How To Choose A Great Affiliate Product To Promote

turbz

affiliate
Hi

many Newbies Find It Hard To Find The Right Product To Promote, And Which Affiliate Network To Go With. I Sugest ClickBank As They Are The best, They Don't Cheat You Of Your Commisions And You Get Your Commision Checks On Time. Here Are My 5 Tips On Selecting A Great Affiliate Product To Promote On ClickBank:

1) Go To ClickBanks MarketPlace And Select Your Criteria e.g. If You're Promoting Golf Balls Search For GolfBalls In The Golf Category.

2) Next View The Products In Highest To Lowest popularity

3) Select A Product With A Gravity Between 60 - 100. This Makes Sure That Your Product Is New And Popular. Anything Lower Than 60 means That It Is A Unwanted Or Low Quality product, Anything Above Is Too Much Competition Which means That Product Could Be Saturated i.e Everyones Already Knows About it

4) The Commision Should Be $20 Or Higher, Anything Lower Is A Waste Of Time

5) There Should Be Ready made, Tested And Proven Sales Material Provided By The Owner. E.g Sales Graphics, E-mail Copy, Classifieds Ads etc.

Hope This Helps, Feel Free To Add To This:)

To Your Success
Jameel Mukadam

I'm sorry, but I have to politely disagree on the Clickbank as a starting point. If it's working for you, more power to you, but I ran with them for 2 years and in the end, with all the returns they rec'd and consequently credited to my account, and the barrage of these eBook sales page ads seeming to lose credibility, I wouldn't suggest it as a start-off point.

I also used their merchant services, as well and didn't care for the fact that they had absolutely NO respect for my return policy; instead, they forced me to utitlize theirs. Now being that I was selling eBooks myself through them, everyone knows that this is a product where one can easily read the information, copy it and then complain about the product and say they want a refund. This happened to me with over 60 percent of the products I promoted and made sales on. Very frustrating.

Now I sell my eBooks on CD only and haven't had a return in over 2 years. I don't get as many sales this way, but those I do get final and in the end, I'm coming out ahead. My merchants make me more money with their products than the eBooks.

Now, perhaps this has something to do with the field I'm in, I don't know, but would love to hear others experiences and/or thoughts.

I think it depends on which products you promote and how you promote them. Fitnfree is right as there are quite a bit of refunds but I've learned to minimize those by actually buying the products myself and doing a personal review so my audience knows exactly what I'm getting. I hardly get refunds now.

If you are going to sell any kind of product, whether it's from ClickBank, CJ, LinkShare, etc. you have to understand the art of PREselling. In other words, you must warm up your visitors with your own good content first and then make your visitors want to buy.

So many affiliates focus so much on the products before really establishing good content on their own sites that will help improve their affiliate sales.

Now some people are savvy with PPC and they can take Clickbank products and make products from AdWords, etc. but I was never good at that so I prefer to take the slower approach. But it works well. :)

Thanks For All The Replies. Lisa Your Right, I Forgot to add that in, i do the same thing. It's Always Best To Know What You're Selling Before You Sell it.

Thanks
Jameel Mukadam

MI
Back