The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

$330 With One Video And FREE Traffic!

Hooda Kismet

affiliate
Alright :) So I'm super excited to share my case study here and how I made $330 from 100% free traffic!!!

This is gonna be a long a$$ post, so please bear with me as I'm gonna share all the details of everything I did to get this :)

First, I would like to be honest with you and I will say that it's because of my laziness sometimes that I don't follow through, but it does work if you put in the effort. I made this money over the course of a few months because I didn't follow through it. I simply set it and forgot about it. But hey, it's cool to get little affiliate commissions without effort huh :D

So here goes, here's what I did:

Step 1: Choose an evergreen affiliate offer:

Why? Because most WSO launches these days close after the launch craze is over. So I decided to go for something more evergreen and that would pay me month in and month out. I decided to promote a hosting service.

Step 2: Sign up for the service or have a review copy:

This is extremely important because if you don't know that the product is good enough, how can you promote it? The best investment you can do when promoting an affiliate offer is to actually try the service for yourself. You may disagree, but that's just me. This is how I like to do things. I have excellent relationships (that I have built throughout the years) with some of the most amazing product creators out there and that has allowed me to receive a review copy whenever they launched a new product. But in this case, I went ahead and bought the hosting service to try it out and test it for myself.

Step 3: Make an honest and genuine review of the product:

I created a video walk-through of the hosting service, its benefits, how to set it up, the CPanel etc. I showed the features and benefits of the service and tried to be as detailed as I could in my video.

Step 4: Traffic:

Video marketing can be one of the most lucrative income sources if you do it right. It's a topic on its own because there are so many things to learn, but I will share what I have done to rank my video on the first page on YouTube.

So after creating the video, there are a few steps to do BEFORE uploading it to YouTube:

Keyword Research:

Again, a long topic, but you need to find the right keyword for your video. You can use Google Keyword Planner to start with. There are other places where you can do keyword research, but I like to stick with Google since YouTube is owned by them anyway.

What I like to use is your product name + review. This is a buyer intent keyword. When people type "review" after the keyword, they mainly are looking to buy that product or service.

In my case, the search volume was around 400 searches per month. A bit low, I know, but hey, it still made me money :)

Renaming the file:

Once you decide what keyword you're gonna use, you need to rename your file (video) with your keyword. Here's what I do:

This little procedure basically helps you with on-page SEO. It takes a couple of seconds, but it definitely pays off.

After Uploading:

Title:

Your keyword should be in the title. Twice if you can. For example, if your keyword is "Samsung Galaxy", I would put it as: "Samsung Galaxy | Samsung Galaxy Review". Something along those lines.

Description:

Your affiliate link. It's better if you use pretty link if you have a website. If you don't, use a link shortener. Affiliate links look very ugly :D

Write a short review blurb about the product/service you are reviewing and use your keyword a couple of times. Nobody really reads these descriptions, but it's just SEO food.

Tags:

Use relevant tags to your main keyword.

Pinging:

Ping your video in sites like Pingler and such.

Sharing:

Share it on all the social networks that you can. Even if you have no followers, it's still a high PR backlink.

Add your video link:

Add the link of your video down in your description. It's another backlink from YouTube itself.

Keep monitoring your video ranking for a few days. It's normal to be on the first page straight away and then to drop. This is not something you should be worried about cuz it's normal. Just keep checking it every now and then.

If it still doesn't rank, you can buy high quality backlinks from a trusted source if you can.

NOTE: please don't buy fake views or comments, you will just hurt your channel and ranking.

As I said earlier, there's way way more to video marketing than the above, but this is basic stuff to help you rank your videos and hopefully make almost effortless commissions.

Oh, almost forgot :D here's a screenshot of my earnings :

commissions.PNG

My takeaway from this case study:

For my next video promo, I will choose a keyword that has more searches than 400 per month, I will do more SEO work and I will create shorter videos to link back to my main money video. I will try this and get back with results hopefully soon.

Hope you like this thread :) Give this a try and let me know how it worked out for ya!

Wow this is huge. A 400/month KW ranked on youtube generated you $330? Thats incredible - how many views do you have and how many clicks to offer??

Hey sorry for the late reply. I have around 1K views on that video at the moment. And so far just above 90 unique clicks. I am planning to make shorter videos now pointing back to the main one to have more link juice from YouTube.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I have around 1K views on that video at the moment. And so far just above 90 unique clicks. I am planning to make shorter videos now pointing back to the main one to have more link juice from YouTube.
That's even more incredible... You made $330 from 1k views and 90 visits?? Those visits were to you landing page or directly to the hosting company?

Like I said in the original post, there is way more to video SEO/ranking than this. You can try the method for yourself and see your own results, or you can sit back and say that nothing works. Your call :)

Oh! Last time I was starting video with rename then I am waiting for update results

banners
Back