The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

301 Redirects of Affiliate Link SEO Problems

Barbara Parson

affiliate
I completed a 301 redirect on my Affiliate Link via cPanel. I am now stuck. I am a Newbie to SEO and Affiliate Marketing. I want to know how in the world am I am going to do about SEO and PPC. I just want to know what my next steps are to get traffic to my 301 redirected domain to affiliate link. I have had the domain for less than a month. I know I have to play the waiting game so that the Search Engine can index the Redirect. Can I get a little help?

What? you have a website to SEO.
The content matters mainly. If there is useful content -- not just content to get referrals to click on your affiliate links.

The major web information news/media/movies/entertainment outlets have ads and external links, some are affiliate links; they have reasonable SERPs based on real content of value.

What? you have a website to SEO.
The content matters mainly. If there is useful content -- not just content to get referrals to click on your affiliate links.

The major web information news/media/movies/entertainment outlets have ads and external links, some are affiliate links; they have reasonable SERPs based on real content of value.

Yes. I have a 301 Redirect using my Affiliate Link. I guess I have it designed to get clicks. I did a lot of research where I decided this was the best option for me. SERPs? I understand. I am working with some of the affiliate links that are considered spam such as CB and others.

OK, I will have to buy traffic to my website. Do you have any ideas of websites that will all the 301 redirect? I had a problem with Bing Ads.

If your website is a advertising billboard in cyber space you can forget about any SEO. I cannot think of anyway to put it more directly.

Why would you expect referrals to something with little or no real value?

Of the 100,000,000 most active websites -- 99,500,000 don't have any relative content -- and have no search engine referrals.

Buy traffic if it is designed to get clicks ...

what do you mean? the URL you use as the 'target' (advertised landing page) with some ads cannot be a redirect

Bing ads => landing page (200 OK) ---link on landing page =>CTR =>? that is Bing ads policy decision I guess -- to my thinking; so long the link out is not to something unlawful or harmful to the user referred by Bing...

Yes.

I also tried the Affiliate Link no Website Method to Bing Ads.
I quickly found that some affiliate links are 301 or 302 redirected causing problems getting the ads on Bing, so on and so forth.

I got this message after using my affiliate link directly in the Bing Ad Campaign (this is my first big mistake) :

Policy Violation 1:
The domain in this display URL does not match the landing page URL.

So, I am figuring that I would have the same problem with the redirected domain since the affiliate link does not match the affiliates's website.

I really fell hard for those get rich over night methods with Affiliate Marketing by watching YouTube and reading other affiliate marketers success stories. Lol

I am slowing way down now. Asking questions before I implement.

T
Someone else had the same issue it was resolved by making a landing page on your server for the ad.

Why not host your own landing page as a pre-lander.
Also, a 301 is not a 'domain' redirect a 301 is a URL redirect the entire domain.com?query string is carried, e.g.; /index.php?stuff=123&more=4567
A CNAME DNS is a domain redirect (properly called an alias)
all requests to the domain are redirected to the aliased domain

Most affiliate stories, not all, are either self-serving (they are selling some MMO line/offer) or inaccurate ...
Thank you! I am going to get there. I will consider the landing page.

Do you have any ideas of websites that will all the 301 redirect?
what do you mean? the URL you use as the 'target' (advertised landing page) with some ads cannot be a redirect

Bing ads => landing page (200 OK) ---link on landing page =>CTR =>? that is Bing ads policy decision I guess -- to my thinking; so long the link out is not to something unlawful or harmful to the user referred by Bing...

Someone else had the same issue it was resolved by making a landing page on your server for the ad.

Why not host your own landing page as a pre-lander.
Also, a 301 is not a 'domain' redirect a 301 is a URL redirect the entire domain.com?query string is carried, e.g.; /index.php?stuff=123&more=4567
A CNAME DNS is a domain redirect (properly called an alias)
all requests to the domain are redirected to the aliased domain

Most affiliate stories, not all, are either self-serving (they are selling some MMO line/offer) or inaccurate ...

banners
Back