The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

3 Strategies To Grow Your Email List

Stevens

affiliate
Okay so we all know email marketing is one of the best ways to maximize your results because it allows you to convert those leads you thought you lost into buyers, and it allows you to promote multiple offers to one person, but how do you actually go about getting email subscribers in the first place?

The first strategy I recommend is that you offer bonus content only available to visitors once they join your list. Now in order for this strategy work you have to give them free content first, in the form of a blog post, a facebook post, or a YouTube video. Start by making a post or a video about a topic in your niche such as 5 ways to get in shape fast this summer, then within the post or the description of the video offer them access to bonus content, such as a cheat sheet with 5 more ways to get in shape fast. This strategy will definitely get more people to join your email list because the content is exclusive to your email subscribers, and it is clearly something they are already interested in. As long as your free content was good people are going to want your bonuses, and of course the only way for them to get those bonuses is to opt-in to your email list.

The second strategy to get more email subscribers is to add a sign-up form on your social media pages. This is a super easy way to convert all the people who have liked your facebook page, followed you on instagram, or subscribed to your youtube channel into email subscribers. Let’s start by adding a sign-up for to your facebook page. All you have to do is open up your facebook page, click on add a new button, or edit button just below your cover image, click the contact you dropdown, select sign up, and then add in the link to your landing page where visitors can opt-in to your email list.

To prompt your instagram users to sign up to your email list, simply put the link to your opt-in page in your bio. If you already have a link in your bio that you don’t want to replace, you can use the free tool elink,io to add multiple links to your bio.

Lastly, to convert your youtube subscribers into email subscribers you can add a link to your lead magnet on your channel itself, in the description of your videos, and even in your end screen if you have verified your website and have met the minimum requirements for monetization. To add a link to your channel go to your channel page, click on customize channel, go to the about section, scroll down and click the little pencil icon under the links section, and then add your link.

Now if you want to add a opt-in link to the end screen of your video, just go to the video manager section of your channel, then click edit on the video you want to add the link to, go to end screen and annotations section, click add element and select link.

Now I know not everyone has a social media following, so this third strategy is for the people who are starting from scratch.

The best way for you to get more email subscribers if you don’t already have a following is to optimize the Landing page where visitors give you their email in exchange for your lead magnet. A couple of tips that are often overlooked are to add an anti-spam notice below your opt-in button, and to add an exit pop up.

The anti spam notice is just a small little notice that reassures your potential email subscribers that they will not receive spam from you, and its surprising effective at increasing the amount of email subscribers you get.

When I added the anti-spam notice “Spam is for losers, you won’t see that from me” below my optin button I immediately saw a 4% increase in my conversion rate. Now this may not seem like a lot, but when you are sending thousands of people to an opt-in page a 4% different is huge!

The other tip that wasn’t mentioned in that video was to add an exit pop up. This is just a simple pop up that ask visitors if they want to opt-in to your email list, before they leave your landing page or website.

Some people refuse to use these because they think it will aggravate the viewer, but thing is, it only pops up when they are about to leave your website, so you really have nothing to lose. Plus if it actually did aggravate viewers so much you wouldn’t see them on basically every website out there.

Method 1: People call it by content upgrade
Method 2: I don't think it works. Actually you should use the tools to collect email better, like Facebook SpiderLink
Method 3: :lead magnet is the term that we can apply for all other cases, even method 1, 2, they can be considered as lead magnet too.

An email list is a collection of email addresses that a business can create by engaging with potential customers through lead-generating campaigns. Email lists can shrink as members opt out of email subscriptions, and grow as the business solicits contact information from website visitors.

Using Email
1. Create remarkable email content
2. Encourage subscribers to share and forward your emails
3. Segment your email lists by buyer persona
4. Reinvigorate a stale email list with an opt-in campaign
5. Add a link to your employees' signatures

With New Content
6. Create a new lead-generation offer
7. Create a free online tool or resource
8. Create 'Bonus' Content

Using Social Media

9. Promote an online contest