The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

3 Affiliate Marketing Myths I Believed That Cost Me Money & Wasted My Time

Stevens

affiliate
Through my journey of learning affiliate marketing, and then helping others learn affiliate marketing I have noticed that there are really 3 big misconceptions, myths, or just straight up lies about affiliate marketing that always come up.

The first and probably the most common affiliate marketing myth out there is that it is a super easy and fast way to make tons of passive income. The truth is affiliate marketing takes time to learn and set up, and if you aren’t dedicated you won’t make any money at all. In fact a recent study found that only 3% of people who try affiliate marketing ever make money, and only .6% of people ever make significant amounts of money (i’m blanking on what the study is called). Now I’m not telling you this to discourage you from trying affiliate marketing, I’m just letting you know it’s probably not as easy as a lot of the gurus like to make it seem. You are starting a business when you get into affiliate marketing, so you should treat it like one.

The second affiliate marketing myth that I hear all the time, is that you need to have a lot of money to get started. Having a lot of money to start with can speed up your road to affiliate marketing success, but the truth is you can get started with a very small amount of money. All you need is a funnel building software, or website hosting, and maybe some money to drive traffic. I got started with just $150 per month. I bought click funnels and get response, and started driving traffic to my funnels using free traffic sources. Once I started making some money, I reinvested my profits into ads to generate even more traffic.

The third and final affiliate marketing myth that too many people believe is that there are no more good affiliate marketing niches that aren’t super competitive. Just because you did research on a few niches and they were all competitive doesn’t mean that there aren’t any more good niches out there. The truth is there are tons of affiliate marketing niches that haven’t been tapped into yet, you just have to put in the work to find the one that best fit for you.

The first and probably the most common affiliate marketing myth out there is that it is a super easy and fast way to make tons of passive income.

Yup. Maybe not as much as ten years ago but there are still some people who've been told and believe that. Overnight riches on autopilot. :D Oh, if only that were true.

The second affiliate marketing myth that I hear all the time, is that you need to have a lot of money to get started
The third and final affiliate marketing myth that too many people believe is that there are no more good affiliate marketing niches that aren’t super competitive.

From one end of the spectrum to the other. Some think it's super easy and others think it's super hard.

Thanks for the informative post!

Basically true.
Thanks for the *throughput*
  • It's the 80/20 rule.
  • Luck, timing and hard work in that order.
  • But you have to work diligently to be lucky enough to find yourself in the right place and at the right time <<< and be able to recognize that situation.

Through my journey of learning affiliate marketing, and then helping others learn affiliate marketing I have noticed that there are really 3 big misconceptions, myths, or just straight up lies about affiliate marketing that always come up.

The first and probably the most common affiliate marketing myth out there is that it is a super easy and fast way to make tons of passive income. The truth is affiliate marketing takes time to learn and set up, and if you aren’t dedicated you won’t make any money at all. In fact a recent study found that only 3% of people who try affiliate marketing ever make money, and only .6% of people ever make significant amounts of money (i’m blanking on what the study is called). Now I’m not telling you this to discourage you from trying affiliate marketing, I’m just letting you know it’s probably not as easy as a lot of the gurus like to make it seem. You are starting a business when you get into affiliate marketing, so you should treat it like one.

The second affiliate marketing myth that I hear all the time, is that you need to have a lot of money to get started. Having a lot of money to start with can speed up your road to affiliate marketing success, but the truth is you can get started with a very small amount of money. All you need is a funnel building software, or website hosting, and maybe some money to drive traffic. I got started with just $150 per month. I bought click funnels and get response, and started driving traffic to my funnels using free traffic sources. Once I started making some money, I reinvested my profits into ads to generate even more traffic.

The third and final affiliate marketing myth that too many people believe is that there are no more good affiliate marketing niches that aren’t super competitive. Just because you did research on a few niches and they were all competitive doesn’t mean that there aren’t any more good niches out there. The truth is there are tons of affiliate marketing niches that haven’t been tapped into yet, you just have to put in the work to find the one that best fit for you.
Thisis good to let folks out there know dude, Good thread.

Totally agree.

All these myths belong to the fact that most of people wanna an easy way without putting enough effort on it.
it all belongs on persistance and take massive actions.

banners
Back