The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

2007 Google Christmas Gift

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
It is getting close to that time of the year again when people start to wonder what Google will be sending as a Christmas gift to the better performers. Google has been able to generate a lot of interest in this because of the unique gifts they send.

It started in 2003 with a fleece scarf that had the Google logo on it. The presents have changed a lot since then.

In 2004 it was an AM/FM radio/mood light. Here is a link to a picture of it troyandgay.com/blog ? 2004 ? December ? 20

In 2005 it was a collection of USB powered accessories which included a 4-port USB hub, a 64mb thumb drive, a tiny optical mouse, a USB flashlight, some cords, and a maroon-colored carrying case. Here is a link to a picture of it http://www.cleardigitalmedia.com/uploaded_images/google-2005-xmas1-753318.jpg

Last year (2006) the Google Christmas gift was a digital picture frame with a mini USB cable, power cord, batteries, and an international power adapter. It is a 960x240 screen and supports JPG images, MP3, WMA or WAV audio files and AVI movies. It also has a SD card reader for extra memory. Here is a link to a picture of it http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2264/googlebigqq2.jpg

I have no idea what Google will come up with this year. But if things go the way they have the past few years there will be a lot of buzz about it.

I can only guess what it might be. I'm thinking it might have something to do with telephones or music. Remember, I am only guessing.

Some of you might also have a guess as to what it will be this year.

We will know the answer soon.

Didn't they give mini refridgerators one year?
Or was that just general gifts not related to the holidays?

Chet, the mini refridgerator is something different and doesn't have anything to do with Christmas. It is a reward that can happen at any point in the year. It was being given to AdWords advertisers after they received one million clicks.

Google won't say how many get these gifts but it is a relatively large number and a lot more than some people might think.

When Google started AdSense back in 2003, AdSense publishers with monthly checks of $10,000 or more received them by United Parcel Service (UPS). Someone came up with an idea of calling these publisher members of the UPS Club.

Eventually Google switched to Federal Express (FedEx). For a good while now they have been using DHL (stands for the last names of the founders Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn).

Google didn't offer Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) when they started AdSense and all payments were by check. It was a good while before they eventually made Electronic Funds Transfer available.

AdSense publishers who earn $10,000 or more a month receive these Christmas presents from Google.

I have heard that on other forum

here picture, pretty cool fridge
googlefridgenr8.jpg

Probable Google Christmas Gift

Looking at the past Christmas gifts from a fleece scarf, an AM/FM radio/mood light, a collection of USB powered accessories to a digital picture frame with a mini USB cable, power cord, batteries, and an international power adapter, I will bet on something to do with mobile phones this Christmas.

Got mine!

I just got mine for 2007.

Its an ultra thin credit card shaped USB 2GB storage card. So alot more boring than the other years. I was expecting something better to be frank.

MI
Back