The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

2 steps to Affiliate success

booster20002005

affiliate
After trail & error in Affiliate programs since 2004, I have come to know the 2 steps, you can follow to get affiliate success.

1. Product/Service which is in huge demand online, research for what people are buying and try to sell of give away them

2. Target your audience, look which segment of the internet users from which locations are most interested in the products, etc and market it to them.

I couldn't agree more with point number 2. You really need to get targeted traffic. That's why ppc is usually the best way to advertise.

I couldn't agree more with point number 2. You really need to get targeted traffic. That's why ppc is usually the best way to advertise.

That is the best way to market any product or service, ex: if you are a door to door salesmen selling to people not interested is hard, but if you are a salesmen at a store, it is easy because people come there looking for the stuff you sell, likewise in search engines the people are looking for the stuff you sell. :)

I see a lot of the dataentry people that buy their method come ot Paydotcom completely lost because the program told them to start submitting to classifieds sites and watch the money pour in

Poor noobs. Such a learning curve and people like that out there bottom feeding off them

Rick

1. Product/Service which is in huge demand online, research for what people are buying and try to sell of give away them

Conversely things that are in huge demand tend to have huge competition, which makes it harder to succeed in a very popular segment. Take Magazines for example. Everyone buys magazines, subscriptions are dirt cheap online and the commissions paid are between 25% and 60%. Breaking into that market though is a lot of time and work because you are competing with very well established sites and affiliates.

When starting off, I think going after a niche target, even a niche within a high demand product base is better than trying to target something big and broad. Keeping Magazines as an example, targeting "fly fishing magazines" rather than magazines as a whole will be more effective in getting traction and getting and building a targeting audience.

Cheers

Chris

I really agree with Chris' point. I think it's important for most affiliates to start seeing some kind of results fairly early on for re-enforcement. With a more targeted niche everything is easier - writing content all focused on a tight vertical, ranking in search engines, getting traffic and then sales.

If you start off with travel, insurance, mortgage or computers (to name just a few of the very popular but also very competitive markets) if you are a newbie you will probably end up on page 1,000 of the search engines and have a very hard time getting traffic, much less having what it takes to compete for clicks and sales.

I went an alternate route with my site but most of you figured out I'm different anyway. Although I have a huge site I put everything into subindexes

Most of you know I'm a martial artist and previous teacher so my niches would be

www.foo.com/MartialArts

www.foo.com/Education

I'm not suggesting make a huge site especially if you're new but what I am saying is plan your site out well for both now and possible future expansion before launching it

Rick

MI
Back