Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

13 Ways to Make Your Affiliate Program Suck

D

djbaxter

13 Ways to Make Your Affiliate Program Suck
by Rae Hoffman-Dolan on
August 10, 2011

I recently was complaining about an affiliate program on Twitter and my pal netmeg asked that I do a post as sort of a public service announcement to affiliate program managers on the things we affiliates find insanely annoying about their programs ? later citing her biggest pet peeves.

Now, I know I?m going to hear from a lot of affiliate program managers that there are plenty of things affiliates do to annoy them as well, but I?m an affiliate, not an affiliate program manager so I can only speak about the view from my side of the fence. ;-)

I?d also like to acknowledge that there are a lot of great affiliate program managers out there, so this isn?t a bash against managers as a whole, but a bash against certain aspects of some programs.

Read more...

This is brilliant! :) ...as soon as I read the title I had several of those pop in my mind immediately that she listed. A few are dependent on the affiliate network and capabilities.. so it doesn't all come down on the merchant. Well it does.. change aff networks. lol

I could add to the list, not allowing direct linking.. especially smaller merchants that could really benefit from it.

...let's make sure every merchant on the planet sees Rae's post. Off to help make it viral if it isn't already. ;)

Thanks Minstrel! :cool:

Wow, the article on affiliate program incentives was very helpful. I had not fully appreciated the strategies behind setting realistic incentives.

Thanks

MI
Back