The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

12 Year Old Web Site - Aging Like Fine Wine

Ron Bechdolt

<b>Previous Moderator</b>
affiliate
Just realized that my very first website will be 12 years old this Tuesday. It's been generating income all 12 of those years, first as an on-line store, now as an affiliate site. Often neglected over the years, but still brings something in every month. Wish all of my internet ventures over the years were as stable and consistent.

Happy birthday (almost) to your 1st web site, Ron.

I'd hate to see my 1st again if it was still around. One of my old ones is still online and is so embarrassing. Never did build a decent site there and now I have no time or energy to put into it,
so it just sits.

Thanks!

I would list the URL, but I can't. Against the rules and besides, with 12 years as a money earner, I'm just not quite sure I want to be giving away the secrets of it's longevity or success. ;)

However, I will say I've never used PPC on the site, it's been all organic search.

Thanks!

I would list the URL, but I can't. Against the rules and besides, with 12 years as a money earner, I'm just not quite sure I want to be giving away the secrets of it's longevity or success. ;)

However, I will say I've never used PPC on the site, it's been all organic search.

Lol, Ron - can understand your thinking there...and would also like to say congrats! My oldest is 8 years old (sounds like I'm talking about my kids and in a way they are! :p ) and my best affiliate generator, too.

my old site

nice work!!!! Awesome to hear 12 years is a long time.. I would love to know if anyone else out there has an experience like this. I still own a few old sites one which i have kept updated all these years and it's still kicking strong at 12 years old as well, back in 1996 getting good domains was easy so that helps and it's a travel site based on a very popular destination so that also helps.. Keep up the good work again I would love to know if anyone else has a old site to share.

Thanks Brendan. Yes, I would love to hear others stories of their aging domains (that did not sound right). ;)

Actually I started with just two domains for many years until I discovered a site that showed deleted domains. Boy, that was a mistake as I now own close to 300, many from my searching at the deleted domain site. Realized a few years ago one just can't build and keep up near that amount so started selling them. Who knew folks would pay $500-$1000 for domain names? Now I just can't get rid of any of them thinking there may be someone out there who will want one of my domains.

Thanks Brendan. Yes, I would love to hear others stories of their aging domains (that did not sound right). ;)

Actually I started with just two domains for many years until I discovered a site that showed deleted domains. Boy, that was a mistake as I now own close to 300, many from my searching at the deleted domain site. Realized a few years ago one just can't build and keep up near that amount so started selling them. Who knew folks would pay $500-$1000 for domain names? Now I just can't get rid of any of them thinking there may be someone out there who will want one of my domains.

I love it... I did the same thing.. I use to stay up late buying domains and deleted domains it was a sickness.. I have around 600 but have been letting some go these days and may look to sell a few. I got lucky on the way and sold a few for good money of course that money went right back into buying more.. :) Got some weird ones that is for darn sure - i attribute that to DUI domaining under the influence.

I'm so bad I even bought the same domains twice. On two occassions I sold domains to people and a couple of years later found each avaiable and bought them again. One I resold AGAIN!!! Now, how often does that happen?

banners
Back