The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

10 Things Affiliates Hate About Affiliate Marketing

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Affiliate managers will get something out of Kirsty McCubbin's blog post "10 Things I Hate About Affiliate Marketing" and affiliates should be able to relate to the post. Kirsty follows up with a positive post about 10 things she loves about the business, but for now here are 2 of her 10 pet peeves.

<strong><a href="http://www.affiliatestuff.co.uk/affiliate-annoyances/10-things-i-hate-about-affiliate-marketing/">10 Things I Hate About Affiliate Marketing</a></strong>

1. Affiliate managers who contact me dead keen to “work more closely with you and build a great relationship” and immediately ask “is there anything we can do to help you?” Upon taking delivery of my modest request for bestsellers info and regular contact re: new products I promptly never, ever hear from them again!

3. Merchants who re-jig their databases putting in place new cutting edge technology which will not only revolutionise your conversions but will break every single image and link you’ve ever previously created for them. They are then mysteriously unable to implement URL redirects and contact you wondering why your conversions have turned to poop and asking you to pull your jolly well socks up. <a href="http://www.affiliatestuff.co.uk/affiliate-annoyances/10-things-i-hate-about-affiliate-marketing/">More</a>...

<strong>Can anyone relate? Have any more pet peeves you'd like to add?</strong>

OK here is the positive side of the business:
<strong><a href="http://www.affiliatestuff.co.uk/general/10-things-i-love-about-affiliate-marketing/">10 Things I LOVE About Affiliate Marketing!</a></strong>

What do YOU love about the biz???

One of each then...

HATE: I hate online affiliate programs that don't have any tools to use or seem to put "all this stuff" out there just to say they have an affiliate program...but really they don't.

LOVE: Freedom. This business (when treated like a business) is probably the lowest-risk type of online venture to start overall.

Once you get going, it starts to produce a freedom that you'll never want to give up :)

Hate: That you just can?t trust anyone online.You need to do massive research before joining an affiliate program.

Love: The freedom of being able to work from home whenever I feel like it.No dress code.

One Thing I Hate

There is one thing I hate about affiliate marketing is all the promises out there and your always left out of that one key thing they forgot to tell you about that is making them all the money. That is where making money online has it's bad name from. Mike.

Hi,
I'm newbie so still I don't have something to be mad at:)
but i love the idea that there is a place where we can say all of the bad things and not just hearing all day how much it's easy to make money and all of the big story's....
thank you Linda for the frankness.....
see you all around.
hope I'll have find some bad thing at the future :)

I'm not sure if mine were already stated, but here is my top love and top hate about affiliate marketing:

LOVE: The fact that you must push yourself to make the money you want to make. You need to train yourself to do things on a routine and make sure they get done no matter what.

HATE: All the internet spam floating around, especially in article directories, really ticks me off. I hate when I see crappy articles in high ranking directories just so the owners can get a backlink.

Hate: Example: start promo'ing a product, make a few sales, work it even harder thinking you've found a winner and then...NOTHING. Ack. Hate, hate hate that and the constant nagging fear I'm being duped.

Love: freedom and yes, no time schedule, no dress code. :)

Hate : Probably too much info out there, and being able to sort the good from the bad. Especially when you are new to the game.

Love : Time and freedom for sure....

well affiliate marketing takes alot of patience and determination bcoz it can take time before you see success.

But obviously you get the freedom as you like, no one to tell you anything :)

I hate it when product creators use optin boxes on their sites and then override the affiliate's cookie with their own in their follow up messages. This happens a lot more than people think!

Love the fact that you can make money by doing nothing more than a little promotion.

Hate - AMs who find your website, and try to pull you from your current affiliate program because theirs is just so much better. I have wasted so much time getting sucked into the next big thing. If something works, hang in there.

Love - What's not to love? I get to be creative and make money in my living room!

banners
Back