Your "Thank You" Page

espmartin

affiliate
Whenever you convert a user, and they sign-up, purchase, or whatever they
do on your site for a conversion, typically we direct them to our "Thank You"
page. But have you ever though that this page is a great places to offer your
other promotions? Not that you're bashing them over the head with banner ads,
but thing about it...those users are purchasers/sold on your site, making them
a great "target" for a good advertisement.

I agree with you

This is something I do not but it's a great idea and one I will think about doing

I think once people see those magic words, 'thank you' they will get out of there as fast as possible. But I guess it won't hurt to try and advertise on that page.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly why i join/view forums. This is a great idea. So simple why didnt i think of doing this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i have seen that and i am going to have it on my free directory that i am working so will advertise my paid directory.
good thought.

Hello,

My two cents:

Upselling and cross selling are very effective ways to increase sales and works perfect on a thank you page. This is very common with infomercials and can also apply online.

Cheers,

Connie

Mike Filsaine has an extended course on integrative marketing on the internet, mainly focused on "thank you" pages.

Its a great way to do advertisement. But there are two main issues :

1. Time - As thank you page is just for 2 -3 seconds so any advertisement will work just like a flash nothing else.

2. Diversion - If a customer after reading through banner click on the banner than the customer will be sent to that particular site and your sale will not be completed .

Hence this can be done as experiment in some case it will be positive and in some it will be negative.

I have seen this tactic used in various places and have myself used it when i have been designing web sites for friends.

I am designing a new site at present and like to make sure that it still is well designed and draws peole back in.

(When you have one on the hook, just kep going)

~ Mike

Just to small words but they have a big impact. Could you not also use it get them to refer friends to?

Doug

It is a good idea as long as there is some subtlety to it and the user does not feel like they are being bombarded.

MI
Back