The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

You Tube as a means of advertising

It depend what kind of advertisement you want to do .. My technique was to create user with my website name and upload quite funny video ..you get good traffic.

I tried the Google Adsense/YouTube idea for a short while on a couple of my sites. I didn`t think much if anything came from it, so I removed them.

Must admit though the adverts were all relevant to my site`s content.

I used YouTube for a client that sells clothing. The traffic that the video on YT pulled in was astonishing.

At first I didn't know if it would work or not because I had never done it before and if it did work I certainly wasn't sure how well the traffic would convert but it converted about 60% of the traffic. I was incredibly impressed.

Also the video is ranking in the top 10 of G. So not only is my clients site ranking in the top 10, we have the video as well.

Excellent for viral.

KP

Hmm, in view of the above positive comments I might have to rethink my strategy and put one back in on my site. :goodjobsign:

You can generate lead throught youtube for sure but if you are refering to a blog or something which is not a ecommerce site, youtube is not a good option

You can generate lead throught youtube for sure but if you are refering to a blog or something which is not a ecommerce site, youtube is not a good option

I have to disagree. I have a client that has a site about Cancer and I created an YouTube video advert to drive home Cancer Awareness.

The traffic was incredible and over 60,000 people that came to the website participated and signed the Cancer Awareness guest book.

YT is a powerful medium that if utilized properly can have not only sustainable results, but can build brand recognition and reputation for any site.

Informational or e-commerce.

KP

Hi,

I have one novice question. What is the best way to create a You Tube video? using your mobile? Any software/programme available?

I've found this quite interesting, we've just set up a streaming video onsite for a charity and first thoughts were using Youtube. Our main concern was any undersibrable effects from this such as comments etc.

The chairty deals with the re-education of young people with head injuries, and was worried that it might bring the wrong sort of traffic. Are there methods to prevent undesirable traffic from YouTube? As it would by the sounds of it be a good medium to provide good exposure for the charity.

Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated. We've used FlowPlayer to stream the video from the website, the speed and quality of the film is brilliant, much better than what we'd have expected from YouTube.

Thank you in advance :)

I understand what you mean about the unwanted traffic so the best thing to do would be a little research on YT.

Tag the videos accordingly such as "charity, Head Injuries" and anything else that's deemed relevant.

You will get some unwanted traffic but that's a given.

KP

I think we'll take up research on this, as it would be benificial for the site it some respects. The team are pretty warey about over promotion due to the fact that when the sites forum was set up it was spammed to death and new users were not keen in signing up and using the forum. We sat on the forum and ended up collecting IP addresses and banning them most were coming from the same ones, but has since been resolved.

It's a real shame that such a useful resource has to be spoilt by a select few wishing unwanted content to innocent users, really wish it could be stamped out once and for all.

But thank you for your comments and on this and we'll really get our heads together and have good long hard think about this.

Cheers :)

I sometimes create anime and use that to get traffic but at the moment a good video to upload would be anything related to Britons got talent.

MI
Back