The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo's SERP much lower..

R

roksolana

I checked my site for different keywords in the different search engines. The highest SERP gives MSN than Google and Yahoo. Yahoo results is much lower.
Why? Is there other SEO for Yahoo?

I guess the problem is with the keyword density. Yahoo adores placing keyphrases into heading, bold style.

I have my one keyword in h1 tag. but keywords density is not more 3%. Google says it doesn't look at this. So Yahoo does?

I think you need to focuse on high ranking in one of the search engines and damn the rest, if you try to please all three major search engines, you will not succeed because to rank well in Yahoo you need high keyword desity and if you do this Google will think you are a spammer.

I will suggest you try to please Google only as if you rank very highly in Google the traffice benefits will far exceed what you get from MSN and Yahoo combines.
For google his a few tips

* Identify you search phrase or keyword (which you have already done
* include those words in the title
* include those words in the meta description twice within 156 characters
* then have an h1 with those words
* get links pointing to your site with that keyword in the anchor text

The get LOOOOOOOOADS of backlink (you should playabout with the keywords in the back links anchor text, if all you backlink are using the same keywords you can get in trouble.

Here is example :
"Dating Ukrain"
" Dating in Ukrain"
" Date beutiful Ukrainian women"
" Free dating websites"

Just let the words appear in the anchor text in difference variations.

Good luck

Thank you. Unfortunatelly I used my site title as anchor text and it is the same for all my submissions. so should I vary my site title? The most of directories use it as anchor text.

Yes you should defintetely vary the anchor text, its okay for you site name to be there, for example when I am promoting my personal site Temi - Webmaster Internet Web Hosting & Domain Name Blogs this is the format use

Temi - Webmaster Blogs
Temi - Web Hosting Blogs
Temi - Internet Blogs
Temi - Domain Name Blogs

Most directories actually prefer that your site name appear in the title.

banners
Back