The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo to Test Google Search Ads

kks_krishna

affiliate
Today yahoo officially announced that it will take help from google ads to increase their revenue potential. This gives google another triumph in the ad industry and MS big blow :thumbsup:
A leading global Internet company, announced today that it will begin a limited test of Google Inc.'s AdSense for Search service, which will deliver relevant Google ads alongside Yahoo!'s own search results. The test will apply only to traffic from yahoo.com in the U.S. and will not include Yahoo!'s extended network of affiliate or premium publisher partners. The test is expected to last up to two weeks and will be limited to no more than 3% of Yahoo! search queries.
Read Here

That is seriously odd. I wonder why they are doing t? The only reason I can think of is to muddy the waters with the hostile takeover by Microsoft?

Microsoft will not want to get into bed with Google in any way shape or form. They want to get hold of Yahoo so they can go head to head with Google. Now if Microsoft are using MSn as a default in their seach ability in IE etc, and they switch toYahoo, then it will mean that MSN Adcentre will be losing out on the revenue. Yahoo have just upped the ante' a little

The way MS approached yahoo is not good since Yahoo is one of the best company in the internet. They are not small fish in the pond. MS would have moved diligently to acquire Yahoo. now google gets advance because of MS move.

MS could buy google 100 times over. same with Yahoo. Google might be huge in search, but they are tiny by comparison to Microsoft. Microsoft will now go for a hostile takeover IMO.

I wouldn't agree. MS is taking risk buying Yahoo. Google worth above $150 billion. MS is $250 billion. So here MS and Google are tough in competition google might win the race soon. It might not look reality, but MS is burying its own Grave by distracting from their own business operating syste. MAC and Linux are increasing the shares, MS could better concentrate on their core business OS.

Its my advice to MS :wallbash:

MS could buy google 100 times over. same with Yahoo. Google might be huge in search, but they are tiny by comparison to Microsoft. Microsoft will now go for a hostile takeover IMO.

I have to agree with OWG. MS are taking no risk in buying Yahoo what so ever, they are simply buying (or might be) Yahoo! to challenge Google on the net.

Because MS are in talks with buying another company, it doesn't necessarily mean they are forgetting about the their roots. As we have seen in the last two weeks MS are testing a new browser and a new OS is on it's way. I would hardly call that as being distracted from their core business.

Even if MS are not able to buy out Yahoo!, it will just spur them on to design a better search engine and not losing out on buying Yahoo might just give MS a kick up the bum they need.

MS will just pump more money in their efforts.

KP

MS has the history of failing in the mergers. A merger with mistakes may cause worst thing for a company. There is lot of things like Over laping for product in MS and Yahoo. They have to layoff more employees. It needs atleast one year to to merge the whole company. that time google would have taken the entire search and ads market.

Again, I disagree totally. MS have never ever been this hell-bent on buying out a company before, never in their history have they set this ferocious tone .

This will not fail and even city analysts agree this will not fail. If Yahoo! don't sell then it will go through to a proxy war.

Yahoo announced on Wednesday a test to outsource Web search advertising to Google, which is part of a three way alliance that would combine Yahoo with Time Warner Inc's AOL instead of MS.

Hours later MS trumped Yahoo's announcement with Rupert Murdoch's News Corp was in talks to join Microsoft's $42.4 billion bid for the Web pioneer.

Yahoo! are just playing these tricks to bump it's YHOO share price and the ironic thing is, it only jumped up a mere 2.6% while MS rose 1.4% on today. MS are going to acquire Yahoo! one way or another.

They are going to be relentless in this takeover, the email from Steve to Yahoo! proves that.

KP

MS's value is real, google's is HIGHLY inflated. Look at the profits each company makes. Also don't forget that MS was broken up, MS is cash rich etc. MS NEEDS search, it needs to drive traffic and control search. Google is NOT the company many beleive it to be, its share are HIGHLY over valued.

And while we are on the subject of bad buys, how abut Google paying 113 times over value for Youtube :D

banners
Back