The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo Publisher Network Checks and Getting Paid

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I just recently finally decided to start monetizing some of my pages and decided to try YPN. Just got an important tip over at DP, so thought I would share with you guys over here too.

"Important information about YPN payments......
Just want to make everyone aware of the experience I just had with my first check.. I got the check today and was very happy since I didn't expect it until the 20th.. However the check was made out to my user name.. How can I cash that???? Well I called and talked to a rep and now I have to mail the check back with a note to ask them to correct it... He said it was human error however We both discovered that under my account details I had it set up with my name and left the business section blank since it is not required and the check wasn't going to a business.. To save yourself some hastle put your name in the business name section if you do not have a business that it is being mailed to. This will prompt the check to be made out to you... Hope this saves others some hassle so they don't have to go through what I just did."
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=44417

Hope this helps!

I'm mailing my check back too.

Similar issue, the advice given is good.

YPN should have made the Pay To explict like other companies do... :rolleyes:

Hey Linda,

Thanks for the tip! We recently relaunched our affiliate network (we've been around for about 4 years) and will be sending out our first batch of payments to new affiliates soon. I just passed this tip onto our accounting department, so they check each account now to make sure no one put the wrong information for who the checks should be payable to in their account information. Thanks again! :)

Wow! Some sort of human error. I thought that they would have had their computers do it automatically the amount of checks that they probably would have to send out.

MI
Back