The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WP Search Plugin

fastfish720

affiliate
So in another post I said I wanted to resolve some of wordpress' search engine relevancy issues. So I looked for a new plugin.

I tried:

Better Search: Worked well, but search results did not fit in the template of my blog

WP Search: Fatal error occured during installation

Search Everything: No relevant search ability

Wordpress Sphinx Plugin: Couldn't figure out how to make it work and got some errors

And My Pick:

Search Unleashed:
WordPress › Search Unleashed WordPress Plugins

So installation was easy, then under manage --> select Search Unleashed. At the bottom of the page click to update your blog. Then select other options to include in the search like metadata, keywords, and SMART SEARCH (it's a drop down).

So I was searching for Green Algae on my site, because it was an older post it didn't show up in the 10 results, now it's number 1 because of the relevancy factor.

So I was searching for Green Algae on my site, because it was an older post it didn't show up in the 10 results, now it's number 1 because of the relevancy factor.

What do you mean? #1 in what? Your site search? How did adding a plugin change it's rank?

Just to clarify this is in my internal site, not the search engines like google. The internal site search uses relevancy rather than recentcy to help visitors find what they are looking for. In the end, this means more sales for you.

MI
Back