The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Working at Home

maddie

1. Do you find it difficult to work at home?
2. Was it hard at the beginning?
3. On your opinion, what are the weak parts of working-at-home?

Last edited by a moderator:
First a bit about my situation. I am a stay at home father and am taking care of my 13 month old son. My wife is a teacher and works outside our home for approximately 7.5 hours each day (including travel time). My 2 oldest kids attend elementary school and are away for 5.5 hours each day.

1) During the mornings I have about a 2 - 2.5 hour window to focus on work while the baby takes a nap. In the afternoon I am able to squeeze about another hour in while the baby naps and before the kids return home from school. During these times I am able to get work completed but constantly fight distractions both online and offline.

I usually spend an additional 2-3 hours in the evening once the kids are in bed to catch up. In a good day I can get approximately 6 hours of work in.

2) It has been difficult at first. Finding a balance and removing distractions is key to getting work completed. I was very lucky to have the first year after my youngest son's birth to have my wife home full time. This helped me get established.

3) Distractions and staying on task in conjunction with time restraints. There are more times then I would like to admit where I found myself off task and doing something that was completely unrelated.

Over the last couple months I have created a calendar to keep track of my daily and weekly tasks. This definitely helps. I make it a habit to complete these tasks first before adding additional tasks. Unless of course there is an issue that has to be addressed right then and there.

Thank you for your answer. It was really helpfull. Success with your job and also raising your children. I think it's a great experience for you and your family to stay with your kids at home in their first years. :)

2. Was it hard at the beginning?
3. On your opinion, what are the weak parts of working-at-home?

1)better to work for someone else in an office!

2)ofcourse

3) i can stay at home days and never leave the house

No, i don't find it difficult to work at home. It's, actully, other way around. It's awesome to work at home. There are no interruptions, no rebuke and the best thing is you're your own boss.

2- Was it hard at the beginning?
Yes, it was. The first one month I would say is quite difficult for me but after that i got used it it.

3- On your opinion, what are the weak parts of working-at-home?
The weak part is, I think, undiscipilined life and degradation of social skills. But one can easily overcome these weaknesses.

I do not find it difficult to work at home though there are distractions at home that aren't at the office. But, I agree with manishkapoor123 in that there are less interruptions at home and no boss

It was a little difficult working from home initially because I got so distracted. I only work from home part time now but have learned to be more productive.

Being easily distracted is an issue with working from home for me. But, as mentioned, I feel as though I've gotten much better at that.

Working from home can be distracting. My four sons find it hard to understand that daddy is working when I am at my laptop. Sometimes I think of hiring an office but then I rememberI see all my kids when I want. I have a friend who works away and sees his kids at the weekends. As IM we really are lucky.

For me the only difficulty of working from home is that I procrastinate a lot. And I can't help it?
Any advices for lazy person, guys?

I LOVE working from home!

The downside for me has always been focus. Keeping my efforts on a project without getting distracted by what else is going on.

To remedy that, I often pack up my laptop and work from a local coffee shop. It helps a lot.

It's still hard in some respects, but it's a matter of what is most important to you. You can work outside the house and pretty much be a drone that gets paid twice a week with very few worries about it or, like me, you can deal with the hardships involved with getting a home business off the ground and the end pay-off is your freedom.

To me, freedom to do what I want, when I want, is worth everything I've put into my business and will continue to.

Hope that provides some insight. ;)

John, working for home just means that that is where your office is and it depends on your business.

When I'm working with clients as a social media marketer, I tend to meet with them at coffee shops or other places when we're getting started on a project, but then most of my time is on the computer or laptop. And that is only if they are local. Some of my clients are in entirely different states and some are in Canada. I'm not about to head out there! haha.

When I'm on the affiliate marketer side of things, there is no reason to leave home. Who am I going to meet with? ;)

Skype, video conferencing, and email work just fine.

Just because you work at home, doesn't mean you're tied to home. In fact, you have more freedom to gain knowledge you may not have a chance to otherwise.

Networking with like-minded people in your area, attending club or group meetings, getting together with friends who share your interests for coffee, joining webinars any time of the day any day of the week. Your entire week is yours to decide upon.

The difference is that YOU get to make that decision. You get to make the call on what you do or don't do. Your involvement with other things is completely in your hands and that is a great feeling. ;)

I have worked from home the last 5 years as an independent consultant. For me, the most difficult part of working from home is maintaining a social life. I've always kept a separate part of the house that is designated as my "office", so it's easy for me to keep it separate. However, I have found it more difficult lately to get out and enjoy life. I honestly miss commuting a little bit. If you work from home, you should make it a point to get out of the house on a daily basis. Go for a walk, see a movie, go to the gym, etc.

I have been working from home for more than ten years. I love the freedom it affords, but it is a little lonely and unmotivating. I find that working with others, even via the internet, helps me stay motivated. Also, I make sure I wake up with my husband in the morning, even though I can go to work whenever I choose. I also get dressed (in comfy clothes) and put on makeup even though he is the only one that will see me. I think the worst thing you can do working from home is to stay in your PJs all day ;)

ahaha...yep, you are right, BlogDiva. We should always look well for our husbands, even if we stay and work at home :) What about me, I'm working in the office and I think that is better for, because being not in the working atmosphere, I'm distracted by extraneous things, but it would have hindered me and my business, so I prefer to separate work and my free personal space. I think woman should be loving wife and mother at home, and restrained and elegant lady at work :)

I don't think it's always the case that "women cannot be without a man's attention". I think many women do just fine "without a man's attention".

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle." ~ Gloria Steinem probably, ca. 1979

"A bicycle without a fish is like a man without a woman." ~ David Baxter, ca. 2003 in a psychology lecture

Well, I personally have not met these women, and I can not say this of myself ... but I will not deny that such women exist and is most likely they are careerists who least think about any personal life =)

banners
Back