The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Work Week of an Affiliate Marketer

MzJme

affiliate
Do you have weekly goals or a set schedule that you use weekly? Do you follow a system to maintain your online business? Do you have any suggestions?

Keeping a set schedule was the hardest thing for me to do when I was working from home. It is so easy to find an excuse not to work. What I had to do eventually was to rent a small apartment right down from my house to use as my "office". I set a schedule and stuck to it. After hiring a team of people again, I have a more normal schedule so I don't have as much flexibility (although I still allow myself certain freedoms)

A little thing I've learned lately is that you only have some amount of will power a day, therefore, if you have some work that needs to be done every day (the MOST important work), do it first thing after your little morning ritual (i.e. breakfast, teeth-brushing etc.)
Do it for about 2 hours straight and rest 20-30 minutes. then do more or some other important thing.

withing 2-3-4 weeks you WILL get used to it and it won't be so hard to get it done. It will become one of your habits. Then you'll have your will power free again to get used to a new thing and make it also a habit.

So, first thing in the morning - the most important work!

Another thing I do, is to have a checklist for every day. I have to do all that's in the list every day, otherwise I'll be angry at myself.
For doing everything on the list - you get the opposite emotion: you feel good and proud of yourself.

Don't forget to rest between every thing you do (or every 1.5-2 hours) and sleep 8 hours at night.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
John I tell you thank you very much as I am unable to do your list. So, if I know that one guy on this planet, do it, then I'm gonna be motivated. What do you advise for breakfast (orange juice, ...)?
- I'm kidding ;-). You are a real coach! Congrats!

(Work Week of an Affiliate Marketer ) Get someone else to do it.....lol, ok only kidding
When I wake up first thing I do is think hell Im still alive got to be a good start to the day,
Then I get my porridge keeps me going until lunch. I always make sue that I am at my pc for 8.45am with my cup o tea , before I check my websites I remind myself why I started to do this and if I can get it right then what rewards it will bring and not all of them are financial (just a lot of them ).
Check my sites, mail, links, posts, add campaign, new products and so on but the one thing I do everyday is look at others who are more succesful than myself which motivates me to be as good as them giving time.
I am very fortunate as I have never lost sight of the things that mean the most to me my family, (maybe a wee dram ) if I can get this right then I can help them get a good start in life and for what its worth I am getting there. So keep going push yourself everyday to do better and enjoy doing what your doing .

whiskymac.....and yep sober ,not a drop how the hell did that happen - I'm away to right a wrong.

Great attitude!

When I was a full time affiliate I had a daily routine similar to that. Now as an OPM my time is constantly challenged and I have learned how to juggle and multitask and new and more difficult levels.

Still, all in all, I love it. And where else do you find such a great group of motivated people to work with?

Planning and sticking to your schedule can be a bit challanging because working from home and no one on your head to tell you it is very easy to get distraction because there is no shortage of things to distract you... lol . But you guys are doing great

Keep up the work :)

Being an Affiliate Manager for a marketing company is challenging for me. The fact that I have to monitor my affiliates everyday and make sure that things run smooth can be tough. Due to lot and lot of fraudulent activities on the net, I have encountered many obstacles with advertisers regarding to poor quality traffics. Yet, no matter how the big or small the issues are; I always have a positive in the morning 'til at the end of the day.

Pretend it's a job and you have to clock in and out each day. I know that it takes lots of self control, but you have to find the will...otherwise if you want to try something easy, try a job. :)

My thoughts.

Research, always searching and reading about what is happening or reviews, and check what is happening in general, being up to date, so it helps my content, updating sites, submitting the sitemaps on different search engines and wait for visits

I use to have this 20 new backlinks per day schedule but the absense of a strict boss made me to become lazy and stopped

The best trick I learn't was to spend 15 mins at the end of each day writing down what i need to do the following day and prioritising them. Then the following morning spend a quick 5 mins reviewing the list and order of tasks I need to do.
If I think of new tasks during the day I add them to the list, but keep working through the order on the list.
At the end of the day, as part of the 15 min review you can then cross off the tasks you did. And reprioritise, your new task and the old tasks for the following day.

Its a great technique for keeping you focused on the now and not being distracted (easily done as an internet marketer)

MI
Back