The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WordPress Problems

cinders

affiliate
Hi all

If there are any WP Doctors in the house, I could use some help.:( It is probably something I did without knowing it so don't know where to look. I am all of a sudden after 5 yrs unable to log into WP admin. I have reset password both by WP and from the DB. The web site is still up and viewable, just locked out of admin. I am unsure which version of WP I have installed. The error message is a 403 and a 404. (When I want it to come up to copy it won't, naturally.) The sign in form that comes up is on the left side of the page. It's the form that comes up when manually installing and something isn't done yet.

I'm afraid to manually reinstall word press without knowing which version. Any suggestions will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks, Cindy

When you say "something isn't done yet", what does that mean? What does the page actually say?

Also, is this blog self-hosted? or is it at Wordpress.com?

Hi, Self hosted, the 404 error is: 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. don't remember exactly what the 403 error says, but something about not having permission to access? here is the error message from the error log from cpanel: Sun Mar 20 21:40:46 2011] [error] [client 207.50.154.55] client denied by server configuration: {path-to}login.css.

Does this help any?

Cindy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a whole lot, really, except that either it can't locate the login.css file or the permissions for that file are set incorrectly.

I would FTP to the site and see if you can locate that file first, i.e., does it exist on the server? If so, you can check the read/write permissions by right-clicking on the file in your FTP program.

File is there, and permissions are 644, I am checking the .htaccess now

{link removed for security} check this link and you will see what I mean about it looks like something isn't installed yet.

I have a feeling your server just crashed. I can't get anything from your site to come up at the moment.

You might contact your tech support people. I suspect that you'll need to reinstall with the latest version of WordPress but I agree it would be nice to know which version you're currently running and having access to the admin dashboard would be nice so you can update any plugins first.

Post back here when it comes back online if you still need help. I'm going to edit out some of the information above to help protect your site security.

MI
Back