The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress Plugin ~ Your requests

bochgoch

affiliate
I've been messing around with Wordpress a bit recently and have developed a number of hacks & a plugin. What plugins would you like to see developed?

Please make your suggestions here in this thread - I may implement any achieveable, usable suggestions.

I have a really good idea, telling the truth it's not mine, but the plugin hasn't been programmed yet.

So it is observed that if you update your of older post that bumb a little the search engine ranking. So a plugin that would periodically open the posts for editing and save it automatically would be a great google wordpress hack.

What do you think about it?

I would like to see a plugin that could be used to rank websites and then list them by the number of points the admin award each site. Its like a site review hack

Thanks for the ideas guys ... some more information please ....

I have a really good idea, telling the truth it's not mine, but the plugin hasn't been programmed yet.

So it is observed that if you update your of older post that bumb a little the search engine ranking. So a plugin that would periodically open the posts for editing and save it automatically would be a great google wordpress hack.

What do you think about it?

Nice idea -- do you know of any other sites that discuss this? Exactly what needs to happen to the post to get bumped in SE rankings?

I would like to see a plugin that could be used to rank websites and then list them by the number of points the admin award each site. Its like a site review hack

How do you see that working as a plugin, just like a blogroll with some admin input in terms of the points? Where would that fit on a typical WP page? Any references?

How do you see that working as a plugin, just like a blogroll with some admin input in terms of the points? Where would that fit on a typical WP page? Any references?

Sadly no references I actually think this will be more than a simple plugin, I will write details and send it to you via PM, i don't mind paying for it actually.

Nice idea -- do you know of any other sites that discuss this? Exactly what needs to happen to the post to get bumped in SE rankings?

I can give you the spot of the discussion, but it was a Hungarian seo forum, so i guess that won't help too much.

If the plugin would be able to open the posts for editing and insert an additional full stop at the very end of the texts, and save them after that, the date of the last modification would be modified and it would bump the rankings. In a 24 hours period the script would remove the full stops so the content will be the original published.

If the plugin could repeat this trick in every month the older posts would generate more traffic from search engines.

No, actually i don't use any timestamp, i would like to have a plugin that update the time of last modification of the posts time to time, so bump the rankings.

Hmm...I'd like to see a plugin which features a particular post by day, week, month or year (depending on the option settings). I don't think such a plugin exists yet :)

- MENJ

No, actually i don't use any timestamp, i would like to have a plugin that update the time of last modification of the posts time to time, so bump the rankings.

...so a post that had been updated by the plugin would appear as the latest post or remain in the same chronological order as before it was updated?

Hmm...I'd like to see a plugin which features a particular post by day, week, month or year (depending on the option settings). I don't think such a plugin exists yet :)

- MENJ

How do you see that working? As a link to a old post under a 'Featured Post' title with an admin function to allow selection of which post is to be featured when by day, week, month or year?

...so a post that had been updated by the plugin would appear as the latest post or remain in the same chronological order as before it was updated?

Exactly, the order would be the same, only the last modification data would be changed. I guess this would influance the http header but i'm not sure in this.

Exactly, the order would be the same, only the last modification data would be changed. I guess this would influance the http header but i'm not sure in this.

I see ... not sure of the SEO benefits of this, but if it's already been discussed there must be some ... I'll have a think :rolleyes:

How do you see that working? As a link to a old post under a 'Featured Post' title with an admin function to allow selection of which post is to be featured when by day, week, month or year?

Yup, something like that, either randomly or with options set by admin :)

- MENJ

My existing plugin If You Liked That is similar to that, but tied to categories & included at the end of a post. I'll add your request to my list and see what I can do!

That would be great. Anyway I have downloaded your plugin and I am going to give it a spin, see whether it works for my blogs. I will install it probably after I upgrade my blogs to the new WordPress 2.2.1 :)

- MENJ

Any progress on the Featured plugin thing? I've tried your "If You Like It" plugin, it works great as a related post plugin (and much simpler to install compared to WASABI's) but not quite what I have in mind for the featured :)

- MENJ

MI
Back