The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

WordPress Issues?

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

I am having a very frustrating time with WordPress themes and was wondering if this is my issue or if others normally experience anything like this.

I found a theme that I liked, began to add categories, pages, etc. But then I found the drop down menu for my theme was not actually displaying the Child entries (ie the menu wasn't actually dropping down). So I decided to look for other themes and have probably installed about 20 so far. All of them have an issue of some sort. Sometimes I am receiving php errors when previewing the theme, sometimes images are not displayed, sometimes text is being overlapped, etc. Essentially the preview that displays everything nicely is not being reflected when I preview my site in WP-admin.

So all in all, this process has been very frustrating. I am thinking I should do a re-install or something :). Most of my themes are coming from wordpress.org, so I have no idea what is going on!

Any helps/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Adammo,

We were having similar issues with the newest version of wordpress and had to revert back to the previous one.

Although we were not using a downloaded theme (which could be the reason), Wordpress still had some annoying hiccups.

What version are you running? If it's the newest one, I would try reinstalling the previous version.

Hope this helps

Hey,

I am using wp 2.8.4. The problem is that this is by first site and I just registered a week ago. The default theme seemed to display things properly, but the closest I have gotten with 20 free custom themes is a theme that is completly functional except the drop down menu.

I am thinking of reinstalling wordpress and all my themes. I don't know why I am having so much trouble!

Oops! I read it as use the previous theme that worked. I take it that it is easy to "downgrade" wordpress version?

Don't think you can downgrade if you never had the previous version installed. You need to find the previous version I think and upload it.

I have someone that does all my WP work that's very reasonable and fast if you just want to pay someone to make it work for you. Let me know.

Don't think you can downgrade if you never had the previous version installed. You need to find the previous version I think and upload it.

I have someone that does all my WP work that's very reasonable and fast if you just want to pay someone to make it work for you. Let me know.

Hi Linda,

I may be interested. Do you mean that he could create a theme for me that would do what I want?

Here are some examples of problems i'm having:

Theme demo: WP Premium Theme (notice the drop downs)

Here is mine (no drop downs):

site.jpg

Unfortunately a common problem with free / generic themes is that they contain bugs and/or has stress points that will cause the them to fail. If you want a dependable them you may need to make it yourself that way if something goes wrong would be forced to leave other peoples code logic. If you feel your not ready to jump into that it yet, you may need to continue sifting the theme directory. As for the drop down issues try this plugin: [GOOGLE]wordpress drop down navigation[/GOOGLE] (choose: wordpressgarage link). Also them are you using, do you have the link?

MI
Back