The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress.com Forum

Gorkfu

affiliate
Wordpress.com needs to seriously change their forum software. It's so horrendous. It's no wonder nobody answers anything half the time. I guess their forums are just basically one big loop of their comment software they use in wordpress itself. Anyone else find this annoying?

I find it extremely annoying, I don't go there any more. You are more likely to find better answer at a general webmaster forum than at WP forum.

I think another reason no one bothers is that there is not incentive to help out there. They block link juice from passing on to the site of helpers, I wonder why anyone will want to spend quality time helping WP for free with no benefits whatsoever to you.

I guess their forums are just basically one big loop of their comment software they use in wordpress itself. Anyone else find this annoying?

They actually use bbpress which is the WP forum software - it's actually a pretty good lightweight forum solution. I think the problem with the WP forums is lack of incentive to post. No sig's therefore no links or traffic. Shame... like you guys I rarely visit or post there.

They actually use bbpress which is the WP forum software - it's actually a pretty good lightweight forum solution. I think the problem with the WP forums is lack of incentive to post. No sig's therefore no links or traffic. Shame... like you guys I rarely visit or post there.

I just don't like the way it's, "organized". I like forums showing the categories on front page like VBulletin does. If bbpress does do that, then I must surely be blind.

bochgoch said:
The amount of time they take to approve plugins varies ... from a day or two to a week or two. Hang in there..

Thanks for that info, I figured as much. I guess I have no choice but to hang in there, lol.

MI
Back