The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WordPress 2.7.1 released

I haven't even upgraded to 2.7 yet on my main blog. I was having plugin problems every time I tried and the dashboard wasn't working.

Will have to give another crack at it.

I haven't even upgraded to 2.7 yet on my main blog. I was having plugin problems every time I tried and the dashboard wasn't working.

Try deactivating all your plugins first. If the upgrade works, you can turn them on one by one to find incompatibilities. There's an excellent plug-n updater for 2.5x+ that will also find updates and install them automatrically:

Plugin Central 1.52 (Wordpress 2.5+ only). Automatically installs and updates WordPress plugins. By Vladimir Prelovac.​
The good news about version 2.7x is that once you upgrade, subsequent upgrades can be done automatically from your dashboard. :)

I tried to upgrade...and it caused a "fatal error" on my blog...so I went back to 2.7 .

That may have been an older plugin. See Plugin Central above.

I saw the notice about 2.7.1, but it didn't say anything upfront about any security issues, so I thought I would give it a week or two. I was quick to get my dozens of domains upgraded to 2.7, but I prefer to wait a few weeks to make sure I don't have to do it again the next day.

We love the automatic upgrader plugin! If you're not using it, consider giving it a try.

I'm sure upgrading is easy and adding plug-ins too, but I just never do it myself. I hire someone because I don't have time and plus am not that technical. By the time I messed it up and tried to figure out how to fix it, I could have hired someone for 1/2 of what my tinkering time would have cost me. That's the way I see it anyway.

If there's anyone else technically challenged like me, I use a member of this forum for web design and Wordpress projects. He's good, dependable, fast and very reasonable!

We love the automatic upgrader plugin! If you're not using it, consider giving it a try.

It's an excellent addition. I could never get the old plug-in to work but this one worked as advertsied for me... simplifies upgrading immensely.

banners
Back