The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why would 2400 users go to App Store and NOT install the App?

captain47

affiliate
Hey folks,

I have been running a mobile campaign for a few weeks now with very little success. Details as follows:
  • Free Utility App.
  • 8 MB Size.
  • Decisive + Voluum + F5 Media / Mundo Media.
  • 3500+ Clicks.
  • 2400+ visits to Play Store.
  • 8 conversions only.
I have tested and is testing various angles, direct linking and landing pages and have found some creatives and pages with good CTR. But CTR means nothing if it doesn't convert right? That's what I cannot seem to figure.

Why would 2400+ people go to App Store and not download it? Its free people!

One reason I could think of was to know how big the App is. So I have the size of the App on the LP. No luck.

Can anyone give me an explanation for this based on your experience?

Thanks!

Maybe you have recieved fake traffic...
In my expirience, Decisive is not so good for utility apps, but maybe I`m wrong...

Maybe you have recieved fake traffic...
In my expirience, Decisive is not so good for utility apps, but maybe I`m wrong...

Hey topsan,

Thanks for your reply. 2 Questions:

1. Is there any way to know if the traffic is fake or not?
2. What verticals worked well for you with Decisive?

So I did some spying and went over to the sites that were running my ads. As it turns out, there are a lot of others promoting the same offer.

So my theory is that at least a good portion of these 2400 people already had that App installed on their phone. *sigh*

people just direct link that shyt on decisive. They have alot of unknown traffic that they buy from other traffic sources, so i don't know if its all that great. Im actually looking for another good banner traffic source.

If the offer converts on install & open there might be a time between the user downloads the app and they open it to receive a conversion. It happens and sometimes it can take a few days or weeks. Just consider that.

people just direct link that shyt on decisive. They have alot of unknown traffic that they buy from other traffic sources, so i don't know if its all that great. Im actually looking for another good banner traffic source.

I agree. I am yet to find success there, so things are skeptical.

If the offer converts on install & open there might be a time between the user downloads the app and they open it to receive a conversion. It happens and sometimes it can take a few days or weeks. Just consider that.

Yeah, I understand and that explains why there were conversions even when the campaign was paused. This gives some hope. Thanks for your input :)

Well I have yet to try this network. They recommend a $500 test budget over the course of 2 weeks. Maybe your tracking is off? Seems a little weird that 2400 clicks = 0 CV. 50% of clicks are accidental that leaves 1200. But on other hand $100 is still too small. The aggregator cant even start to pump traffic when it has to stop already. By looking at the stats on their planner, it seems they have a shitload of traffic...
Test other affiliate networks. Maybe other related offers... or drop it incase the competition is wayy too much.

Well I have yet to try this network. They recommend a $500 test budget over the course of 2 weeks. Maybe your tracking is off? Seems a little weird that 2400 clicks = 0 CV. 50% of clicks are accidental that leaves 1200. But on other hand $100 is still too small. The aggregator cant even start to pump traffic when it has to stop already. By looking at the stats on their planner, it seems they have a shitload of traffic...
Test other affiliate networks. Maybe other related offers... or drop it incase the competition is wayy too much.

1. It generated 8 conversions.
2. Tried two affiliate networks with the same offer. Also tracked via Voluum.
3. I understand 100$ is small. And my angles could be off. Plus the competition was way too high, the market could be saturated and I don't know their language. So I have decided to move on to another offer on the same vertical.

Thanks for your input :)

I had bad experience with Decisive too but i think every noob on the planet is running same offers (you know that list that AM sends with top converting offers) on same goes (likely English speaking countries) inflating bid prices through the roof. think of what this does to app installs since most users have probably already installed the app.

I also have a feeling that they have a particular low quality traffic for affiliates and worse for specific kinds of offers(think antivirus and some other shitty offers). I got that last tip from a super affiliate. Even super affiliates only use it for initial tests from what i gathered doing my own research. Definitely not the best place for noob to start anymore!

I burn through 25% of my total AM budget there with not much to show for. I have since gotten better results with other traffic sources. Definitely not saying one can't make it work but i just feel its not easy like they make sound and if you got a limited budget like i do , you would want to minimize your risk.

I have come to realize that research skills is a must to succeed in this industry, Just my 2 cents. Good luck to everyone peace#

I had bad experience with Decisive too but i think every noob on the planet is running same offers (you know that list that AM sends with top converting offers) on same goes (likely English speaking countries) inflating bid prices through the roof. think of what this does to app installs since most users have probably already installed the app.

I also have a feeling that they have a particular low quality traffic for affiliates and worse for specific kinds of offers(think antivirus and some other shitty offers). I got that last tip from a super affiliate. Even super affiliates only use it for initial tests from what i gathered doing my own research. Definitely not the best place for noob to start anymore!

I burn through 25% of my total AM budget there with not much to show for. I have since gotten better results with other traffic sources. Definitely not saying one can't make it work but i just feel its not easy like they make sound and if you got a limited budget like i do , you would want to minimize your risk.

I have come to realize that research skills is a must to succeed in this industry, Just my 2 cents. Good luck to everyone peace#

Man, I can relate almost entirely to what you just said. I am on my last stretch of testing over there and the tunnel is still dark and I cant see that ray of light.

Regarding their quality of traffic, I got that hint when Donte spoke about sending in branded campaigns. His words: "
We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic.". So you are probably right.

Good luck to you as well mate. Thanks for your input :)

Adding a short pre-sell intro pop before redirecting them to the offer works well.

You also want to be aiming for a banner CTR of above 1%.

Decisive is very popular at the moment so you should consider promoting offers with a higher payout.

" We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic."

Yeah bro, this is exactly what i meant. They probably have allocated traffic such there is low quality for some affiliate campaigns and reserve the higher quality for others. If this true, then i can only imagine the traffic quality they serve to Antivirus kind offers :eek:

I have heard this from three guys now. An idea that comes to mind is maybe present your campaign as a brander and bid extremely high to start with and adjust depending on the traffic volume and CR.

Adding a short pre-sell intro pop before redirecting them to the offer works well.

You also want to be aiming for a banner CTR of above 1%.

Decisive is very popular at the moment so you should consider promoting offers with a higher payout.

Decisive doesn't really allow pop-ups, but I tried that too. Did not do anything to my conversions, but I suppose on a much larger scale it could work. And yes, all my banners get a CTR of over 1%, some up to 5%.

I think you are right. I am struggling with the lower payout offers, everyone kept saying thats good for starters because you get more data. I think its time to try out a higher payout offer where even a few conversions can mean a positive ROI. Thanks!

" We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic."

Yeah bro, this is exactly what i meant. They probably have allocated traffic such there is low quality for some affiliate campaigns and reserve the higher quality for others. If this true, then i can only imagine the traffic quality they serve to Antivirus kind offers :eek:

I have heard this from three guys now. An idea that comes to mind is maybe present your campaign as a brander and bid extremely high to start with and adjust depending on the traffic volume and CR.

If that is true, I am doomed.

The campaign I am running right now, I started with 4 times the suggested average bid and all my banners were branded for a utility app. When I look at the sites and apps running the ad, its pretty much the same as that of my previous campaign, which was an unbranded campaign for an antivirus app. So I suppose, am not yet "opened" to more high quality traffic yet.

I think its time to do more research on the traffic source.

What kind of banners are you guys using to get over 1% on your banners? I can't get over 0.50, the 3 loop rule is killing me on decisive.

What kind of banners are you guys using to get over 1% on your banners? I can't get over 0.50, the 3 loop rule is killing me on decisive.

That's hard to answer man. All I can say is, use vibrant colors, Font size of at least 16px and some decent animation. And keep testing..

A few considerations (I am not a media buyer, but an Account Manager dealing with media buyers, maybe helps from another point of view :) )

- what is the rating of the app?
- is the offer global? (if most of the clicks are coming from developing countries connection might be bad and stop the download, given it's 8MB)
- is it display traffic or redirects?
- is the app wide spread? (maybe people are downloading the app, but had it in the past already

MI
Back