The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why is one of my pages delisted?

Google probably thinks the contents of the page is not worth listing, you should look at it critically as well, do you think the site contain anything of value?

Hello Trigger,

Have you signed up for a Google webmaster account?

If not, this might be able to help you determine how Google views all of your pages. The tool contains very many useful statistics for webmasters - I use my account to track the backlink count and how the pages are understood by the search engine.

It may also be worth downloading a program that interprets your web site as a Bot would. You can then use this program to browse through your web site and quickly identify any areas that the bots aren't able to access / understand.

By the way, why do you think the credit crunch has negatively impacted your traffic?

Hope the suggestions help,

Paul

The page is used as a link exchange with other sites in my niche so it is worthwhile. Why would G think it's not useful if they gave it PR3 a while back?

The credit crunch means people are not buying as many things that are not essential ie. canvas prints, hence our traffic dropped at the same time people began talking about a recession. However, traffic is back and even higher than before but this may be due to some new seo I have been doing for the site.

The credit crunch means people are not buying as many things that are not essential ie. canvas prints, hence our traffic dropped at the same time people began talking about a recession. However, traffic is back and even higher than before but this may be due to some new seo I have been doing for the site.

Interesting. It's funny how the credit crunch effects people differently. We have actually seen an increase in custom since the credit crunch, possibly because of our competitive prices in our marketplace.

Have you signed up for a webmaster account? Would be interesting to see what stats are available for the page.

Hi

Yes I have the webmaster account but cannot work out where to see how G views that individual page, or any errors it might flag up?

Thanks

Go to "Diagnostics" and have a look to see what is reported in all subcategories:

- Overview
- Web Crawl
- Mobile Crawl Errors
- Content Analysis.

I'm hoping information in one of those pages will give you a clue as to why the page isn't being indexed properly.

If you also go to "Statistics" and then "Index stats", you can see exactly what pages have been indexed.

Let me know how it goes,
Paul

hi

i think the content is very less . you can explain little about modern art and search some good keywords.you can also view google account there you can get the details check the overview.

First thing it needs is to validate. There are broken Link Tags around Heading Tags for example. In all, my quick validation tool showed 111 code error warnings.

While a page doesn't have to be perfect compliant code, there reaches a point where errors are like Spider Traps and a spider will find it is like "Walking through Treacle" and just not retrieve it.

Try previewing your designs in Firefox with HTML Validator installed. The one based on Tidy is probably the easiest to learn to use. Doing this will enable you to spot errors and eliminate them as you go. You will also virtually eliminate Cross Browser problems because for instance, that page does not display correctly of FF and I suspect some other Non IE browsers also.

Have you submitted site map? With site map and Google webmaster, you find out the the problem. Am sure you are an analytical mind :)

Thanks folks

Google has the sitemap so it knows where it is ok. I agree there are a lot of validation errors (though like you say most will not affect the crawling).

I am going to rebuild the site using css soon so will be able to make it more strict then. Perhaps that is the real issue.

It would not be that big a job to remove the errors if only from one page at a time. It would also be very good practice to see where (and why) your coding generator.authoring tool is introducing these errors. I would guess it's when you delete stuff or make changes.

Even i had the same to tell you there are broken links.if u check in any of the broken link checker tool you will get to know.And do link building that will help to get a good PR

As I have noticed your that particular page is crawled and the cache result is available

see this cache result.
The googlebot is visiting and crawling that page along with other pages of your site.
you should start building more links for your site so that google will crawl more pages of your site.
Also check that page in firefox as I am seeing links at lower level and upper portion of your body part (design view not code view) is blank.

regards
John

MI
Back