The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Why google don't counts backlinks ?

SearchBliss

affiliate
I am submitting my site to general directories and exchanging links with related site for past 8 mounts and I got thousands of back links but Google only counts 9 back links. I don't understand what is the reasons, Why Google don't counts my website back links ? Looking for your replies. Thanks in Advance

What makes you think Google doesn't count backlinks? It does.

I assume your are doing link:domain to see backlinks. This only shows very strong backlinks.

To see the rest you need a Google Webmaster Account.

May be it depends on the quiality of the links or the quality of content of the pages you give links to.But usually all links are counted.

Please concern Keyword Ranking!

I suggest you concern only about your targeted keyword rankings! If you would like to check backlinks, try in Yahoo explorer. Even Google webmaster tools gives you the links pointing your website which can often change!

G only shows "a selection" of links.... they show more in Webmaster Tools, but even then it's only a small selection.

I've noticed that over the years they show less and less! But be assured that the links are still used by Google in their SERPs, they just don't show them on public! Yahoo explorer might be more reliable in showing IBLs

You're right because when I used microsoft webmaster tools it dispayed over 500 links to my site where as google webmaster tools only displayed 117!

Hi,
Actually google count many back links but it not shown all back links that is google count really and it shows only few back links that is very strong.

Google counts links, but it doesn't show all the links. only the most popular. That's why I prefer to use Yahoo explorer to count my links. It's more precise and gives more or less exact number.

What makes you think Google doesn't count backlinks? It does.

I assume your are doing link:domain to see backlinks. This only shows very strong backlinks.

To see the rest you need a Google Webmaster Account.

Sorry but the link: tool does not show strong backlinks, it shows a snippet of links pointing at a website.

Why would google give you a way of finding the strong backlinks pointing at a site, you would effectively be able to steal the backlinks of your high ranking competitors! If anything link: will show poor links! I would not trust any tools that tell you how many links you have, I find them all to be inconsistent!

Your best bet is to continue building quality links and eventually they will get picked up and if your site is good and contains good relevant content you will eventually rank!

Patience, my friend, is a virtue. I faced the same problem with a site, building links for weeks, nothing shown in GWT. Suddenly, boom! Almost 450 links in one day, indexed in different days.

banners
Back