Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Facebook Is Better for Business Than Google+

D

djbaxter

Why Facebook Is Better for Business Than Google+
By Angela West, PCWorld
Nov 10, 2011

Google revealed its Google+ Pages for business this week. While they are a must for any business playing in the online space, however, they still leave a lot to be desired when stacked up against arch-nemesis Facebook Pages. We are only seeing the first stages of Google+ and the network may develop over time into something more useful for business, but for now the service doesn't even come close to the services that Facebook offers business.

Read more...

Yep I've read both sides. Think it also to some degree depends on the type of industry.

But here's the kicker in Jim's link to pay attention to. I blogged this somewhere else I think too.

?People search on Google billions of times a day, and very often, they?re looking for businesses and brands. Today?s launch of Google+ Pages can help people transform their queries into meaningful connections, so we?re rolling out two ways to add pages to circles from Google search. The first is by including Google+ pages in search results, and the second is a new feature called Direct Connect.?

So even IF your customers aren't on + and even IF it does not gather major consumer adoption, IF it's going to be a ranking factor or your + pages will be tied to search somehow, it's worth maybe considering.

I currently launched a niche market web site and almost over night, I saw results. As I continue to use Google+ and get more acquainted, I can see how the possibilities for SEO and creating Circles with people in the Industry is endless.
Of course you have to put effort on your end...

Minstrel I think facebook is better for network marketing business, I wouldnt a hundred percent say facebook is better than google for business, because facebook has a bunch of fast prospects where as in google you will get the person searching exactly for what you are offering or have. I think google is more profitable than facebook business wise for us marketers.

Hi,

Google is now making its search engine more social with +1 into the search algorithm itself so human votes will have an impact on search ranking.

ok - quick question guys. If I want to open a local SEO company here in Columbus, Ohio - am I better off getting as many FB businesses from Columbus or would I head on over to Google+.

I'm thinking FB.

any thoughts?

I would say definitely Facebook. I'm not sure Google+ really has any hope of catching up but even if they do it will be a long time coming. Right now, they're not even close.

Both Facebook and Google+ are premium social networking platforms that enable a business to establish a great web presence. However the most important thing to be noticed is that it is important to create a network in these sites for getting backlinks and traffic to your website. Any business can take complete advantage of bothe the social networking platforms, Facebook and Twitter.

Why not just have both, but as far as I can see Facebook is on the way down, Google+ will rise up, or people will just have had enough of social networks.

It is my opinion feel free to disregard it, but Facebook is becoming flooded with B2C advertising, they are potentially going to apply this pay to promote posts, it has wandered so far from its routes its that it no longer appeals to many. Now they are public, despite Zuks 57% holdings, they are going to look to create bigger revenue streams. As currently they only make about $5 per user a year. This all aside, we are experiencing Facebook overload, people will eventually get over it, everything with a like button or like us, its like a grovelling child screaming for attention. It has become over-hyped as we have witnessed in the overpriced IPO. You may believe that just because it has so many users and it is everywhere that it will never fall down, the internet changes, and one thing is for certain if you try and cram it down peoples throats for to long they will move on. Remember this is my opinion feel free to disagree.

I'm not seeing that at all. Rather, I see Facebook growing, becoming ubiquitous, especially with the advent of apps for mobile devices for every type of phone or pad on the market. People who previously didn't even use Facebook are now joining in from their iPhones, Androids, and Blackberrys. Look at the list of "Popular Apps" for your mobile device and the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps are always in the top 10-25.

On the other hand, I have a Google+ account and only one person I know has one and neither he or I have ever used it.

banners
Back