The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why directory links are not paid links?

UK WW ex member

affiliate
The purpose of directory is to organise the internet, keep relevant sites in order , in single place to facilitate searching right sites easily.

Editor needs to review a site to add it in the proper category. They need to spend times and other resources.

You pay editors for their time to review the sites , and support them to spend for infrustructures.

Hence IMO the directyory link is not paid

BUT

Yearly recurring charge is what I dont not support , it is then to me a paid link. Yes one needs to spend for resources , in that charges shoud not be the same as you charge for review.

I am eagerly waiting to learn what other think.

Well, I think your argument is excellent but if you do not charge yearly fee, and you are not funded by another company, your directory cannot survive not can you promote it effectively

Dress it up whichever way you wish, but if any consideration for action occurs, then it is a payment. A link exchange is a paid link as a contract has been formed.

offer
acceptance
consideration (with consideration being some sort of payment be it barter, trade, or cash)

The above is the legal definition of a contractual agreement. Payment does not have to mean money guys :)

thanks all

I am asking the questions to other directoy editors , i will update their views

I have asked Sabu of allthelink.com the same question. He said the charge is for review . Then I asked why one has to pay yearly for keeping the link , then he answered the sites are reviewed yearly and one has to pay for yearly.

Yes some strong point he has , question is whether all have same point ?

Our points are irrelevant what DOES matter is how Google views it.

Odd then that Google suggest getting listed in Yahoo when it is a paid directory :D

Why don't Google penalise Yahoo Directory for providing paid links?

If Microsoft were to take over Yahoo, would it not be easy for Google to penalise them with an excuse such as selling paid links?

MI
Back