The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WHMCS V3.6.1 released

temi

affiliate
Does anyone here use WHMCS? they seem to have just released version WHMCS V3.6.1. Here are the enhancements made in version WHMCS V3.6.1:

V3.6.1 sees the introduction of a new status for clients of Closed. This status can be used to prevent a client from logging into their account. There are also improvements to the admin homepage and client summary page to provide a fuller overview of client’s data and quicker access to their products/services along with a new feature allowing you to fully merge two separate client accounts into one. Client Area ticket submissions now also record the IP of the submitter to allow tracking for abuse.

-- Domain Management Enhancements --

The biggest area of changes/improvements in this update is the domains area. This includes an enhanced domain checker in the client area which allows clients to choose multiple TLDs to check at the same time, a bulk domain checker allowing the client to enter up to 20 different domains of their choice for checking, a do not renew feature to prevent automated renewals of domains on a per domain basis, a new Pending-Transfer domain status for transfer orders to go into after the transfer request has been submitted but not completed, private nameserver registration and EPP Code Retrieval via the client area for both Enom & DirectI, domain expiry date syncing again with Enom & DirectI only initially and To Do List entries for failed or manual domain actions requiring attention.

-- Product Management Enhancements --

For products, you can now set individual prices per billing cycle for each configurable option. This means that over longer payment terms, you can offer discounts on the configurable options addons you offer. The automated cancellations process has also been enhanced to ensure that invoices no longer generate for accounts with pending cancellation requests, which has in the past caused problems due to the invoices being billed when the client had already requested to cancel.

We use WHMCS and the new version has some great features.

However, we normally wait a couple of weeks before upgrading, just incase there are any bugs that need to be ironed out :)

I'm always harping on about WHMCS, its a great product with some great people behind it.

I havn't used it, I researched a few options when we first started and WHMCS came out on top as far as support and active development went.

Modernbill has just been bought by Parallels, who have a habit of buying products just to kill them off, so I wouldn't want to go down that route now anyway :)

Another decent solution is ClientExec, i've been told their new version is great - Although I don't plan to move anytime soon. We've just sponsored a module for WHMCS which should make it into 3.7 in a few weeks which will make things alot easier for us.

Thanks for that info Daniel, I used Modernbill a while back, it was nice and sensibly priced, its now over priced.

Modernbill is now owned by Parallels aka SWSOFT that is why its going down hill.

We havn't installed the lastest WHMCS as of yet..Will do shortly.

And that is why two people are know have abandon Modernbill for WHMCS, they have put up the price significantly and discontinued upgrade from previous modernbill to the latest version.

The problem with Parallels, they seem to *trying* to aquire all of the old popular products, Helm, Kayako, Modernbill etc. They then seem to close them down. SO I guess they are buying the competition and shutting them down. Wierd!

MI
Back