The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Which will Rank better Old Domain or New Domain with Optimization?

amit87

affiliate
How important is the age of a domain?
If we compare the Domain with different ages with same niche with optimization.
Which will rank better in the SERP's and why??

Guide me please. :)

Amit, the age of the domain, but I think mostly the age of a given content is one of the key factors. As time goes the trust increases. I think this is the fundamental logic behind the Google's preference.

old domain with constant similar containt is my opinion...so an old domain have containt about greece islands before and now will rank better but an old domain that had containt for greek islands and now have containt about used cars will not.Thats my personal opinion and experience.

Amit, the age of the domain, but I think mostly the age of a given content is one of the key factors. As time goes the trust increases. I think this is the fundamental logic behind the Google's preference.

But i have studied that search engines give preference to the unique and fresh content, therefore as you said age of the given content means no changes in the content will be of more importance.

This means if i have a site then the content in the page should not be changed for getting reliability from Big G.

Bagi statement is correct, but whats wrong with new & fresh content on an old domain. Its killer combination :D

Still age of the domain rank better since Google takes domain to have plenty of backlinks by months to years it is being link builds...But still depends if the domain is penalized or not...

generally, domain age still counts. Google respect it. :friends:

i don't think old domains gives more weight by google, probably just a misconception of old site is equal to old domain which is not.

I think anything old helps.

- Old Domain
- Old Page - The homepage can always have fresh content like in a blog. But as the permalink pages of each page get older, the more powerful they are.
- Old Link - If a link existed on a page for a long time on some authority site going to your site. And your competitor just added a link on the same page that is brand new, more weight is given to the older link.

But then again... this is just one of the many ranking factors. So even if you are a new domain, going against a super old domain, you can still find other ways to beat it.

i don't think old domains gives more weight by google, probably just a misconception of old site is equal to old domain which is not.

I disagree there. An old domain has search engine trust. The domain has passed the "probationary" period if you will so therefore you can be a lot more aggressive with the link building campaign as opposed to a brand new domain which if your aggressive with the link building you're going to get thrown into the "sandbox".

whats wrong with new & fresh content on an old domain. Its killer combination :D

Nothing is wrong with it at all, as you said, a killer combo!!

KP

An old domain with old, unique, and quality content will always rank well as compared to a new domain ( supposing that the new domain has new, unique, and quality content).
Google gives extra weightage to the old domains.
If the two sites having different, unique, and quality content targeted on same keywords, applied same optimization processes, same back links, the older will be rank well due to domain age factor.

If the two sites having same content targeted on same keywords, applied same optimization processes, same back links, the older will be rank well due to domain age factor. It may possible new one not rank any where due to content duplicate.

If the two sites having different, unique, and quality content targeted on different keywords, applied same optimization processes, same no of back links, no ranking comparison is possible because of their different keywords, and theme.

I guess i'll be repeating others when i say this, but still if all other things are equal then content on old will outrank the content on new domain. In other words, age of the domain does give you some advantage in SERP rankings.

banners
Back