The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which one - PHP or Html?

I can code (X)HTML with my hands tied behind my back...huh...well...maybe
I do need my hands to type the code - but I can do that with my eyes closed :)

Now, PHP - I'm in the "hurry up and learn it" phase. So I'm not comfortable in
it yet, unless I have Google up along with my code.

xHTML with CSS, of course.

Thats because I'm not an expert in PHP, but i'm not a newbie either.
Skill level is just in between. :D

-Shadab.

i mean, for learning (for a noob) enough the simple html.

In bigger web-work must the XHTML + CSS in php.

The html is the design, the php is the engine wich can showing the html ;)

I mean, the php is a very simple and easy programming language, its from the c++ lang, just have dinamical functions with very good database support. If u like learning it, just search tutorials, must 1-2 week, and u can programming. (but for the medium level u must learn 1 year, for the high / high-end u must 2-3 year lerning and 2-3 year routine).

Php is programming.
html is coding.

It it a big difference.

Correct, there is a difference but both of them can be used to create web pages.

The question was which one you prefer to use...

I personally most of the time use php.

If I have a static content site, and see no updates happening often and no need for dynamic content. Then I just use HTML.

If I need dynamic content and the site's content is updated often, then I'd use a CMS made in PHP. If I make custom CMS sites, I use PHP still but with the .html extension.

Well html is basic knowledge before getting to know more in depth with php and then further more complicated C++

HTML is a markup language, it defines the structure of information.
PHP is a scripting / programming language.

Correct, there is a difference but both of them can be used to create web pages.

The question was which one you prefer to use...

I personally most of the time use php.

I prefer HTML, it was easy to use and I was more familiar
using this:winkiss:

If I have a static content site, and see no updates happening often and no need for dynamic content. Then I just use HTML.

If I need dynamic content and the site's content is updated often, then I'd use a CMS made in PHP. If I make custom CMS sites, I use PHP still but with the .html extension.

HTML is a markup language, it defines the structure of information.
PHP is a scripting / programming language.

These are my exact thoughts. I am comfortable with both of them, and use them according to the situation.

Well............I can code in HTML easily rather than PHP coz i am not capable to write code in PHP.One thing is that HTML is static language and PHP is dynamic language.This is the biggest difference between two languages.

If you take a page that was coded in "Compliant HTML", and give it a .php suffix, it works as if nothing had changed. Giving a page a .php suffix thus making it into a PHP page has no effect and works exactly as any static HTML page does. You could then introduce simple PHP Functions such as a "Footer Include" for example and thus bit by bit acquire some PHP skills.

No matter if you use php or not, you always need to use html alongside. You can't really say I'll use just use php! Unless you want all your printed or echoed variables in text only with no formatting.

HTML = Client Side Language
PHP = Server Side Language

If you only used pure php without any html, you would get a blank page, (Exception to the rule would be using echo or print with only text! Including html in the echo would be cheating!).

However, I always make my sites in php. Using php includes has it's advantages for static content even if you don't have any dynamic content on the site.

Giving a page a .php suffix thus making it into a PHP page has no effect and works exactly as any static HTML page does.

This is very true.

I also want to point out something I forgot to before. Changing an html page to a php suffix will actually make the server work harder. It will process it like php because of the suffix change, even though there is no php to process.

banners
Back