The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Support Where Is The Signatures????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac88

Wow... What happened to the signatures ?

A form that doesn't allow sigs there is no reason to post in the form ...
Does anyone know where whats going on with the signatures ????

Man its a ghost town?
Still no answers not even views!!

I guess I hit the nail on the head and its a dam shame ....This was
like a family atmosphere what the hell happened ...Never I say it Again Never take the sigs
away on a forum otherwise that will be the beginning of the end ...

I have been online for almost 25 years now and seen them come and go and 9 out of 10 times its taking the signatures away is the final nail in the coffin
to kill a forum...See what happens is nobody other then newbies and networks are left because anyone with valuable
content to post isn't going to waist their time posting it for nothing meaning not have signatures that is ...
So what you get is a lot of nothing going on ....
Dam sham ....

Hey when they lets post sigs again someone send me a email and I come and check you guys out...
Best of luck...

Affiliate FIX is still a very active and friendly forum, it is far from dead.

Maybe you could submit a suggestion to the forum Admin instead of making negative posts. :)

Lolololo, you spent the last 25 years posting on forums to read your own signature. Funny.

Since the change last week we've almost tripled interactions and sign ups, and we're just getting started.

I really do hope you stick around as i'd hate you to miss out, but please feel free to leave and find somewhere that allows you to have a signature.

Good luck either way.

P.s we will be enabling sigs for Dojo members.

i think tac88 is correct. i suspect interactions have gone up because people are posting to get their count up to activate their signature, not realizing it isn't going to happen. once they figure it out they'll likely disappear. post quality has gone way down. i do not need to know what you are listening to right now or the color of your dog :)

We will look into allowing signatures but probably just one lines and limit links.

Update: I've turned them on for a trail, user must have 10 posts....only one line and no images.

Ok guys, I feel you. You are doing forum marketing and drive free traffic to your products and if you can't anymore you get pissed off. It's ok, almost everyone did/does that. But where the "help others,get helped" mindset gone? Everyone posts just to get their links seen?

Anyway, everyone who wants so bad signatures like you do already have a product to sell or something. My suggestion for that guys, which will work MUCH better than ANY signature you'll have....POST a case study, a guide, something that will help people and refer to your product on the end [NO SPAM] .

So in order to increase the quality of the posts and also satisfy the guys who wants to promote their stuff, I suggest this:
K to start a sticky thread called Activate signatures and everyone who has more than 10-20 posts should ask there for sig activation + a link to his best thread he made so far and a mod will review his activity. This way we keep posts quality up, the guys that DESERVE free traffic from here will get it and the Activate signature thread will also be a useful resources full with links to best posts.

Who's with me on this?

Last edited:
Thats a great Idea crysper. It would sure slow down the 11 and gone one sentence posts.

Ok guys, I feel you. You are doing forum marketing and drive free traffic to your products and if you can't anymore you get pissed off. It's ok, almost everyone did/does that. But where the "help others,get helped" mindset gone? Everyone posts just to get their links seen?

Anyway, everyone who wants so bad signatures like you do already have a product to sell or something. My suggestion for that guys, which will work MUCH better than ANY signature you'll have....POST a case study, a guide, something that will help people and refer to your product on the end [NO SPAM] .

So in order to increase the quality of the posts and also satisfy the guys who wants to promote their stuff, I suggest this:
K to start a sticky thread called Activate signatures and everyone who has more than 10-20 posts should ask there for sig activation + a link to his best thread he made so far. This way we keep posts quality up, the guys that DESERVE free traffic from here will get it and the Activate signature thread will also be a useful resources full with links to best posts.

Who's with me on this?

I totally agree with you about putting products or offers in signatures. The reason I use the signature is to give credibility to me and my posts. I put my network and GPT site names and links in my signature on all forums so that people can see that I own a network and a GPT site when I make posts about things pertaining to those. My user name, CreativesLinda, tells nothing about my level of experience, whereas the signature does. It shows I'm 'Network Staff', not that I'm an actual owner. I think that's especially helpful to newbies who don't know me from Adam. I couldn't care less if new affiliates sign up for an account because that's not my intent. But I want them to be able to check the WhoIs info so they can see how long I've been in business and that I'm the owner of the sites.

I keep my idea of a separate Activate signatures thread. Old active users won't have any problems with this, but the idea is to stop the guys who make posts just to show their signature. I know some say: yea, I make quality posts to increase the trust in what I offer, but the thuth is they all care is to make the signature as visible as they can like joining a discussion and posting a few unrelated words just to be posted. If you prove you that you can help the community, it will help you back even with free traffic....if you think that's too hard, making some decent first 10 posts, than in the future i don't think you'll start helping people at all.

It's plain simple: 10 posts min...and to avoid "me too, nice, awesome, i like it" posts to count up, review the user first if he deserves it or not.

I have to say I do enjoy having a signature of my own. I think it makes individual posts more "Complete" and adds some personality.

Just my 2 cents!

We don't want people using images - although we are going to allow users with more than 10 posts a 2 line signature.

None of the other forums I belong to allow images, so I have no prob with that. Actually, excuse me, I'm wrong. Warrior Forum allows it at a cost. I think it's $60/yr or something like that. Guess that keeps the forums from looking like a banner farm.

Some people though, try to compensate by having hideously huge text sigs.

I'm not sure if that should be considered as a spam or not. If you look like this: Few years ago, people were coming on the forums to learn. There was also other people who were coming to promote their crappy posts with to much linking. Then the admins decide to stop that. Most of the forums only allow linking in the signature, not in the post.
The number of people on the forums significantly get lower after this update. Also, the number of spammers are much less, but still there are people who come to post only because of that one link in the signature. Which is by the way, nofollow.

Forums are great place for learning and interacting. Definitely not for getting huge traffic.

Forums are great place for learning and interacting. Definitely not for getting huge traffic.

Agreed. I think the sig is a good place to let people know what you represent but the whole point to joining a good forum (like this one) is to learn and interact with others in the industry. Also to stay current within the industry.

Wow... What happened to the signatures ?

A form that doesn't allow sigs there is no reason to post in the form ...
Does anyone know where whats going on with the signatures ????
I absolutely AGREE with you, I believe that this is more like help yourself helping others, I post quality , but I also want some retribution, nothing is free in this life, people that think that stuff in life is free is living a fantasy

I absolutely AGREE with you, I believe that this is more like help yourself helping others, I post quality , but I also want some retribution, nothing is free in this life, people that think that stuff in life is free is living a fantasy

Sigs are back now. You just need 10 posts to add one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back