The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where Does Your Focus Exist?

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
As humans, we sometimes fall into the trap of trying to find the shortcuts.

You know, the kind of shortcuts where we do the least and get the most.

When it comes to the people that visit our affiliate websites every day, should we be looking for shortcuts?

Provide a site that delivers some info, and gets the most "ROI" from that activity in terms of conversions?

I don't think so.

Instead, I feel we should be looking for ways to deliver "just a bit more" than expected...as there are people visiting our site, and not just search engine robots...right?

Since the search engine robots don't visit our affiliate links and help us get paid affiliate commissions...why focus on them? (and no, I'm not just talking about the SEO vs. writing for people debate)

The same people who complain about having their sites "Google slapped", and their accounts banned, I will bet most of them are looking for the shortcuts mentioned above (doing the least to get the highest ROI).

Folks, there are far fewer examples (if any) of people getting Google slapped with a real, content-rich, and value added website than there are those who get slapped looking for shortcuts and ways to "game the system".

That alone would tell me which side of the fence I want to be sitting on. ;)

If you want to keep looking for that "magic shortcut" or "little trick" to gain traffic in the short term, by all means, go ahead...while you continue to chase money...the rest of us will build stable, long-term income.

Harsh reality? Yep...

Do you need to change the way you approach your business? Up to you. :D

The same people who complain about having their sites "Google slapped", and their accounts banned, I will bet most of them are looking for the shortcuts mentioned above (doing the least to get the highest ROI).

Folks, there are far fewer examples (if any) of people getting Google slapped with a real, content-rich, and value added website than there are those who get slapped looking for shortcuts and ways to "game the system".

That alone would tell me which side of the fence I want to be sitting on. ;)

If you want to keep looking for that "magic shortcut" or "little trick" to gain traffic in the short term, by all means, go ahead...while you continue to chase money...the rest of us will build stable, long-term income.

Absolutely. If you're in it for the quick buck, good luck... but don't give up your day job.

If you can develop a little patience, a little persistence, and keep one eye firmly on the long term, then you have a fighting chance of getting what you came for.

As humans, we sometimes fall into the trap of trying to find the shortcuts.

You know, the kind of shortcuts where we do the least and get the most.
:D

Excellent words to live by Joseph. And, from what I've observed pursuing shortcuts can sometimes lead you down some unethical slopes.

Couldn't agree with you more, if your in it for the long term then give value with your work (a little extra), shortcuts can get you in a bad spot in no time when you think you got it you really don't (not even close).

Great post Joseph

It's why we should focus on building great content rich websites that will last the long term rather than chasing a quick buck
Been thinking of writing a similar post for a while now, guess you beat me to it

So many products telling you how to get a ton of traffic today. They tend to work today but the traffic soon falls off and is often not targeted

Been focused on building content rich sites for a while now and with time and effort, they now rank well in the search engines. Talk about a Bonus!

it does take time for a content centric approach to rip rewards but n the long term it means a payday every day rather than the occasional adsense click

Thanks, really nice post

banners
Back