The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

When is the Google PR Update?

Google updates both PageRank and search rankings on a continuous basis, a process sometimes termed "everflux".

You are probably referring to the periodic updates or "exports" of actual PageRank to "public" PageRank (e.g., the PR graph displayed on the Google Toolbar). These are pretty much meaningless now for a variety of reasons but for those who insist on getting excited about it they occur whenever Google feels like it, approximately 3-4 times per year on average. All indications are that one of these PR exports occurred within the past couple of weeks, so if you haven't seen any changes yet you'll probably have to wait a few more months for the next one.

The last PR update was on December 31, 2008.

The next Tool Bar Page Rank Update is ??? (could be today -- could be 6 more weeks-- nobody knows!)

The last PR update was on December 31, 2008.

The next Tool Bar Page Rank Update is ??? (could be today -- could be 6 more weeks-- nobody knows!)

That's incorrect. See my post just above yours, and this:

Google March 2009 PageRank Update or Glitch?
March 2, 2009

Over the weekend, I have seen tons and tons of threads in several forums with webmasters and SEOs complaining that their PageRank score in the Google Toolbar took a dive.

That blog is wrong.......its a False Alarm.

Matt Cutts would have acknowledged a PR update by now.....and he hasn't.

That blog is wrong.......its a False Alarm.

Matt Cutts would have acknowledged a PR update by now.....and he hasn't.

From the story in the link above:

If you look closely at the Google Webmaster Help you will see, Googler, JohnMu say:

Looking at your site, it might have been that there was some kind of glitch that occurred just as the latest round of Toolbar PageRank was put together. In a case like that, you just need to wait for the next update (we do 3-4 updates per year). That said, this is generally not something that will affect your site's crawling, indexing or ranking, so I wouldn't worry about it! Don't worry about PageRank :).

Dated March 1, 2009.

I thought it was quite an earnest look!?!

Really though guys, who cares? The only reason you would care about toolbar PR is if you are selling links, and that isn't really a sustainable business model anyway.

MI
Back