The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

When building your niche site, how to get over self-doubt?

Brandwalla

affiliate
I'm new to the affiliate side, having been a service provider for affiliates in the past.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through my first real, purposefully-created niche site. I did the research, ran the numbers, came up with what I think is great strategy and content.

But, like the end of the honeymoon phase in a consultancy, I'm having a lot of self-doubt and negativity.

I know my niche is good, I've already made a few bucks from it. Do you have any tips that you can share to overcome negativity and keep focus?

Thanks!
Bill

Sorry, I now see there's a whole section devoted to this.
I'm crawling out of the newbie forums and just peeking around, blinking in the sun.

I moved this to the Affiliate Inspiration & Motivation forum for you Bill.
Meant to try to reply earlier, but got side tracked.

I can relate to what you are going through and have been there before. I know it's really hard to stay motivated once self doubt, negativity and boredom with the niche start to slip in.

So I have a question for you... is this a niche you are very interested in or passionate about? Or did you decide to do it based on research, the numbers and logic? I know the niche you are in, but am not sure about the answer to the above, I think I could make a good guess though.

One of the reasons we suggest starting with a niche you are passionate about is it makes generating content more enjoyable and makes it easier to stay committed. Because it's HARD to stay committed and motivated, even when it's a niche you love. It's incredibly hard if it's a niche you are just luke warm about.

I'm tired and my carpal hurts so instead of trying to write any great words of wisdom I'll try to link you to a couple posts that might help.

Entrepreneur Motivation | How to overcome fear and self-doubt | KevinGivens.com

<a href="http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/891/how-to-remain-productive-when-you-feel-like-giving-up/">How To Remain Productive When You Feel Like Giving Up - Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak</a>

Hey Linda
Yes, it is something I'm passionate about. All of my sites (3 decent ones so far) are on topics I enjoy and believe in. I'm not going to promote junk offers for the money.

I've been a design and branding consultant for a good few years, and I found that I'm a GREAT salesman when I find a problem that gets me fired up. Clients can see a visible change come over as the possibilities are being explored. Passion roars through and any kind of sales tactic pales in comparison. I can't sell, but my love of a product/subject/niche/whatever sells for me.

My problem at the moment is that I'm investing money into a site I believe in. I see time and again that you should throw up a landing page and PPC campaign to test the niche. It's WAY too late for that, and that's where my doubts come from. I think it's a case of reading too much.

I have my goals. I have vision. I know that with hard work and creativity I can do well in a competitive category. I believe that what I want to sell can really make a difference. I sound like that Saturday Night Live skit with Stuart Smalley "I'm good enough, and smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!"

Your links are excellent, as usual. I'm learning a great deal from this forum. Thanks for everything.

I look forward to unveiling my site in a few weeks for your critique.
Bill

You really do not need to invest money to see if a niche will be successful. I wrote articles for content sites and saw which ones earned a lot and made many of mine based on that information. (Choosing the topics I enjoyed).

I only ran one very successful PPC campaign and only after I knew what would work based on my organic traffic, so you certainly do not need a PPC campaign.

I am not sure what aspect you are doubting but it does sound like you are over thinking.

So remember this...."to much think and not enough do" and apply it when you start to self doubt.

the fact that you have made any money is great!!! I think you need to look at large returns as a long term goal, and tell yourself that you are doing this work because you enjoy it. I also think you are thinking too much...relax and enjoy!

But, like the end of the honeymoon phase in a consultancy, I'm having a lot of self-doubt and negativity.

I know my niche is good, I've already made a few bucks from it. Do you have any tips that you can share to overcome negativity and keep focus?

Thanks!
Bill

If you are already making money, all you have to do is stay busy on your marketing campaigns. If you stay focused on that instead of your results, you will definitely turn great profits, and sooner than later.

If you get tired of doing that, walk away from it completely and be thankful for the life you are creating for yourself with your new online venture! Visualize victory! :)

MI
Back