The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What's Your Opinion on Making Money From Home Data Entry

special1

Hi room,
I just wanted to ask about making money from data entry.

I know there are probably thousands of scams on data entry.

Is there anyone that knows of any real data entry websites?

Data entryis a way people try to make a living online
My concern is that there is a ceiling to how much mney you can make. There are only 24 hours in a day and you can only process so many requests in the time you have

I am into affiliate marketing because there really is no ceiling on the potential of your business. You can run multiple campaigns at the same time and as long as your website is up and there is traffic coming to it, there is the potential to earn

"data entry" is just an industry term that we use, in reality this means using paid surveys and other methods to make money. You won't make too much money off things such as this, it is typically those promoting these methods that make the bulk of the money there is to be had.

Data Entry Jobs Online

I would be very cautious about places that advertise data entry jobs online. A lot of them will try to mislead you. Never pay anything for a work from home job.

That being said, there are legitimate places where you can find work from home data entry jobs. I have worked for the past 8 years for a company basically doing customer service from home. It pays well and I get benefits. Here are some real websites that can offer you some real opportunities to work from home:

WAHM - Work at Home Moms
WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms
Be sure to check out the forums. There are a lot of moms that are willing to share their experience and information about current jobs available.

Good Luck!

Carmen

The typical "data entry" is a very low income opportunity that preys upon the human "greed gland"...

We all want something so easy, but that produces an income that will sustain our households...my friends there is NO such thing.

It does take effort beyond just "filling out forms" and sending them in to get paid.

Well, and then there are the "data entry" sales pitches for a $100 ebook or course that turns out only to be a guide to using Google Adwords, get it "data entry" It reads something like "make millions" filling out simple ads! This should be stayed away from.

I would gage the legitimacy of data entry, by any fees involved, if you have to pay to get in, then run for your life! :eek::eek::eek:

Although there are many scams in Data Entry, this is a good way of earning money online, because it is the act of transcribing some form of data into another form, usually a computer program. Forms of data that people might transcribe include handwritten documents, information off spreadsheets from another computer program, sequences of numbers, letters and symbols that build a program, or simple data like names and addresses.

she was scammed

My sister tried the data entry stuff and got suckered into paying for classes and job leads only to have the place disappear when it was time to help her find a job. She's currently looking into medical billing & coding.I will let you know how that goes.
xoxo Cass

There are a few that are legit. I am actually an affiliate to 1, but also a worker on site. I actually write articles n ot data entry, but it is good. I will state website with out my referral id so you can check it out and I am not violating any rules here ( i am new to forum) odesk is the website it is awesome

to be honest,
I havent been in data entry job but I heard that it can be one of ur income source.
just find a good one by googling the review and contact the people involved in that business. anyway, feel free to visit fiverr.com . Maybe you can offer one of your service there for more money.it is not scam because I have got payout from there.hope this helps

Speaking of data entry, how do you guys define it? And how do you earn money from doing it? how do you understand the main concept of data entry?

I know that some people make money from those "data entry" position, but you really need to be careful. As mentioned by other members, you should never pay for a work-from-home position and anything that says "make $20,000 a month" is a scam. If it is a real job, there will be an interview, contracts, and reasonable pay. If the average person could actually make $20,000 a month doing something that easy, there wouldn't be any of those positions left.

The biggest piece of advice I can give about anything fishy like that, DO NOT give them ANY personal information unless you know its legitimate. If you give them your social security number and bank information for "direct deposit" it could take years to undo that kind of damage.

My experience is, a lot of so called 'Data Entry' jobs need you to pay them a fee first to get some sort of 'list of companies' that need this kind of data entry work done.

At the same time, these supposed companies, IF they are legitimate, have many different rules when it comes to accepting you in the first place.

And when they DO accept you, then it really is a waiting game... waiting for assignments to come. A few dollars every few days?

IMHO, it's better off focusing your efforts elsewhere.

If you are building your IM career and need cash in the mean time, offer your talents and skills in places like Fiverr. Not a lot of cash, but at least it gets you going.

Hope this helps!

Sean

Data entry is good but most are scams as what I read on reviews. It is an easy job to earn but you don't have the guarantee if you'll be paid. As long as you're careful enough to check first the legitimacy of a site, I believe it would not be a problem. I prefer doing affiliate work than data entry.

MI
Back