The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What would you like in your CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
Over the years, I have used a number of open source CMS, I am now a bit feed up with open sources CMS, I am having one developed for me, for my own use and I may make is available to senior members of this forums.

I would just like your impute on what to pay attention to and what functions you think are essential in a good content management system.

Hey temi great idea, Search engine friendly im guessing is your number 1 todo list ? I think the trick is to get admin pannel sorted so it's easy for a beginner to use,add content, and move different aspects of the site around with having to "go back to basic" and start to add code here and there.

Also id be thinking of the future with the possibilty of adding modules/applications (add-ons) like facebook, joomla etc.

Ill think of some other stuff which i think could be useful :D

And yes im alive lol, been mega busy off line latley everything online has taken a back seat, hopefully around more this week though :)

Hey Adam,
Nice to see you, I thought your diappearance had to do with Tottenham doing so well recently :)
Thanks for the suggestions about the CMS, I will take it onboard.

The most important aspects for me are the:
freely editable URL (permalink), meta tags for the contents,
possibilty to change between wsywyg editor and hand writing html code,
if the script will support blogging, it would be nice to have an xml feed with the posts.
Will think on this topic:)

I like if they are easy to upgrade, for example wordpress, even a non technical person can upgrade it. The best option will be one click upgrading doing nothing :))

The most important aspects for me are the:
freely editable URL (permalink), meta tags for the contents,
possibilty to change between wsywyg editor and hand writing html code,
if the script will support blogging, it would be nice to have an xml feed with the posts.
Will think on this topic:)

Thanks for that Bagi,
It will probably not support blogging, but it will support all the other features you mentioned. I do not want to overload, that is why there will be no blogging feature.

I like if they are easy to upgrade, for example wordpress, even a non technical person can upgrade it. The best option will be one click upgrading doing nothing :))

Thanks for that, will bear that in mind

As a CMS I use Wordpress and I would welcome if it would come 100% SEO friendly - without the obligation to install SEO plugins.

- Easy one-click upgrade and SE friendly URLs is a MUST.

- As Bagi mentioned it should be straight-forward logic and easy to modify.

- Template based with full separation of design from logic

Regarding features - I would probably follow the path eSyndicat have chosen. Create core script and plugin system so everyone could install whatever they need.

Quick notes from SEO point of view:

- Ability to add different meta tags every page automatically and that can be manually edited to some extent.

- Ability to customize informations on home page, admin can modify the flow of information without any problem.

- Ability to convert dynamic URL's, even shorter URL's will do the job.

- Generate clean codes, validate XHTML, CSS etc..

- Editor with code view.

- Clean navigation structure, Customizable footer and sidebars.

- Customizable RSS, Atom feeds.

- Tagging options, Tag clouds etc.

- Sitemap generator.

- Auto link to words with pages of site like wikipedia,

- Option to enable/ disable Dofollow or Nofollow in comments.

These are all comes in my mind instantly! :)

the templating system must be easy to use! A comprehensive list of tags is a must lol! Its my pet peeve on most cms's their documentation is terrible!

oh and the admin panel MUST always be pink! :p (I know mine is!!)

the templating system must be easy to use! A comprehensive list of tags is a must lol! Its my pet peeve on most cms's their documentation is terrible!

oh and the admin panel MUST always be pink! :p (I know mine is!!)

You might want to edit that Xhan LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back