The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What would you do if your product got leaked?

WishBone

Affiliate
Greetings,
our
Okay so it hasn't been a day since I've released my product and I'm already worried about leakage. What would you do if you had a product and you found out that it was offered in a monetizing community that isn't too strict on leakage?

Grab the guys :mad: who stole it!

If I knew him personally, I have no problem with beating him to a pulp here in the Philippines. Then again, the admin of the forum doesn't have a problem with people leaking stuff from other forums. So it's a huge problem. Not sure if I can scare them with threatening to sue.

Greetings,
our
Okay so it hasn't been a day since I've released my product and I'm already worried about leakage. What would you do if you had a product and you found out that it was offered in a monetizing community that isn't too strict on leakage?

First of all man don't worry too much about it until it happens.

I know the idea of people leaking a product that you've worked your ass off on can be scary but in reality the number of people who will do this are tiny and usually you'll have to sell quite a lot of copies and build a fair bit of demand around your product before you'll ever have to worry about it happening.

When it does happen for the first time though don't freak out... it means you're obviously doing something right and that people want your product bad!

Instead just send a stern DCMA notice to wherever your product is being shared and it'll usually do the trick.

So if it's being shared on a forum somewhere then send a DCMA notice to the admin.

And if that doesn't work then you can send a DCMA notice directly to the site/host where it's being hosted.

Almost all sites will comply as nobody wants to be sued.

There's a lot of DCMA letter templates out there but I just did a quick search and found a good one that you can use which I've attached to this post:

View attachment DMCATemplate.pdf

Instead just send a stern DCMA notice to wherever your product is being shared and it'll usually do the trick.
So if it's being shared on a forum somewhere then send a DCMA notice to the admin.
And if that doesn't work then you can send a DCMA notice directly to the site/host where it's being hosted.
Almost all sites will comply as nobody wants to be sued.
As always, the most relevant and best answers come from Jay!

Yea I guess threatening would work. Unless they find out where I'm from.

Love your blog Jay. I got one of my emails subscribed to you.

MI
Back