The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What will be the hottest way to drive traffic in 2008

Tom Wood

affiliate
What do you think will be the hottest way to drive traffic to our blogs, websites and affiliate links into 2008

Something old? some new?

Facebook
Videos
Rss
Viral marketing

or something completelydifferent

Hi Tom,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for starting off with a GREAT question!

Who has a crystal ball and wants to guess at this one???

My guess would be which ever one you put the most energy into,
based on the type of site you have and type of visitors you are trying to attract.

Just a little hint-The seo arsenal..I have been using the site building strategy from that program for the last month and it's turning out to be a solid free traffic generator for me. I plan on creating 50 sites this year this way. All I can say is focus on one method and master it;)

What is the strategy?

I am assuming keyword research followed by content around those keywords with keywords in title, content and an attractive metta followed by a linking campaign?

I'm gonna put my bet on the new media - web 2.0 sites.

Not exactly new but most marketers aren't using them. The people who are using them are the people who will become part of your list or one of your customers.

Just think about it... when someone does a search on whichever search engine they end up on one of these sites - digg, youtube, squidoo, hubpages, blogger, wordpress, myspace, yahoo answers - places that are built off of user generated content.

Optimizing your site for Google is good but why not use these sites to send traffic to your site. I think thats whats gonna be big in 2008 in terms of generating web traffic.

Jay

I think it will be the act of tying it all together.

What I mean is that the Web 2.0 platforms such as:
  • Blogging
  • Bookmarking
  • Social networking
  • Wikis
  • Hubs
  • Squidoo
  • Videos

Have given us the opportunity to create tons of one way links to our sites which, as we all know, is #1 in getting ranked in the engines. Some have already realized how incredibly powerful this really is and they've started to talk about it.

I think this will be a time for dispelling SEO myths and time wasters and harnessing this opportunity and focusing on a complete Web 2.0 strategy.

Sheree

I think the best way to build traffic to a site is by picking a topic that isn't in competition with a thousand other sites.

For example a site about "Making Money Online" is over saturated. Come up with a niche site or blog on a topic that you haven't seen or would like to see. Think about what you are passionate about and build a site about that.

For example: Let's say you want to build a site about weddings. That search term is too broad. So then you think that you want to do a beach wedding site. Then you should take that niche down one more step. Pick a destination and make your site "Beach Weddings in Jamaica". Your site is much more likely to make it in the first few pages of the search engines with "Beach Weddings in Jamaica" as your keywords rather than it is with just having a site on "Weddings."

I have seen sites come up in the first and second page in Google just by choosing a niche that isn't over saturated. Ultimately sites that have good search engine rankings get the most traffic and or business.

Its hard to tell. What I'm guessing is that a new phenomena might emerge that will surpass blogging. Then again I may be wrong. What matters is that we are able to adapt to changes. ;)

Good point, adapting to change. There are just so many myths out there and so many marketers stuck in the stone age. Everything changes and those of us who can adapt to change through the continual learning process will be the winners.

Sheree

Thank you for all your replies I myself am looking at webb2 in paricular sites that let you build and create groups of minded customers er I mean people.

I think there is a lot of potential here I plan to join some large groups and some small in the same niche then try to establish a presense and some trust in the smaller ones.

Then syphon new members from the large ones to the smaller ones where I have some authority. I figure it's much easier to make your presence felt on small groups then if you can make them into much larger groups you are in a comanding position.

SEO,PPC, List and Blogging are main staples and have been for years, 2.0 may be around a while and fall in with the above list. Most of the rest are fads that come and go.

I would suggest 80% on the above mentioned and some time to test the latest,greatest fads and ride whatever wave comes.

I agree with marketingmama , overall it is a combined program that will do you the most justice.

Driving traffic is not just using the correct tools to drive it in, but also the right topic you choose! If recently you know about a scandal of any celebrity or famous people, dig it out! It's will burn your bandwidth in a day! So get a good title, good content, and a good traffic tools to be a super marketer in the net.:D

It all depends on what you want the traffic for. If you're just interested in driving pure traffic numbers to your site, well it's hard to beat getting on the front page of digg for pure raw traffic surge. However, that traffic usually doesn't stick around too long, and doesn't click on ads or affiliate links too much.

People seem to be separating "social media" from SEO. One of the biggest feature of social media (blogs, social voting, wikis) is that it supports your SEO efforts through building links to a site.

Coming up with a neat little application for social profile type pages (Facebook, MySpace) is very hot right now....but again, what do you want that traffic to do? If it's to click on ads or affiliate links, we'll that is proving to be much more challenging.

For affiliate sites, I think the main traffic generator will still be search (paid and organic), but don't neglect getting involved in social media to support search.

"Dont Reinvent the Wheel" I would say that most of the same tactics such as social networking sites, SEO, Bloggin, will still play a big part on driving traffic to one's site. It seems like these tactics are still heavy hitters and will def. drive traffic to your site if done right.

The important thing is to use each one of these to it's full potential... If you do these half way you will never see the results you want to acheive!

Hit each one hard and traffic will come.

SEO Is King

I think SEO will still be the top way to get long term traffic to your site

Web2 is hot for now but i am not sure how it will work out in the long term for sustained traffic

The reason 2.0 is being seperated from seo is that most sbs's are now using the nofollow, so the majority of links are not credited for seo purposes.

sure, the spiders will follow the links and index a new page, but a limited amount of links will be credited.

digg now uses nofollow, furl now uses nofollow,stumbleupon is a nofollow, and many others are now doing this.

Now, all of the people who were counting on 2.0 for links has a seo problem. now that all of the links they had are now non existent, their serps will now suffer.

MI
Back